First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. Also it was there a week but the technicians were sick and got back today. So basically it only took them a day to run the tests etc. I'll have more info on what they said the noise was tomorrow. They told me but I can't remember.
Copy that, thanks. Yeah I’m really curious on reading what they said, so many of us have this same problem with barely any answers.. it’s a little frustrating.
Sponsored

Litestorm17

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT 4WD, 06 Focus ZX5 2.5L Swap
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if these are single mass or dual mass flywheels? It sort of sounds like clutch chatter, I have that on my SVT Focus when I went down to a billet single mass flywheel. Chatters very loudly until the clutch has been pressed in.

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've had the same metallic noise since I drove it off the lot too. You hear it when accelerating in 1st and 2nd gear and it goes away when you press the clutch in. Sounds like throw-out bearing noise to me.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same noise in (grinding/rumbling sound like gravel when in neutral, goes away when clutch pressed in and moving the shifter towards 6th). I can still hear it when driving under 25-30 mph in 1st and 2nd. Car is about 4 weeks old, 1750 miles.

Didn't really notice it until reading the thread (which was when i was at about 1-1.2k miles),

Also, maybe I'm just not listening close enough but I don't hear it outside of the car, only inside the car (probably due to the engine noise).

Figure I'll mention it to the dealership when I take it in for service at 5,000 miles, unless Ford releases a TSB or recall before then.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I should probably be added as well. 500 miles on a 2022 BL.Sas. I’m curious what is making the strange vibrating/scraping sound at idle. Hopefully something will just break or fall off and then the mystery will be solved. It’s not a very quiet vehicle in general so I will just tolerate it for now.
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add my Bronco to this list. Took delivery in June ‘22 and have a little over 6k miles. Started hearing some sort of grinding noise a couple of weeks ago.
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
When sitting in nuetral whether it be at a light or parking spot, 50% of the time when I have my foot on the break and push the clutch pedal and move the shifter over to 1st gear it bangs/thumps as I go to place it in gear. This is while it is still in the nuetral postion and the clutch is disengaged.
Im taking it in first thing Thursday morning the dealer I purchased it from is 4 miles from me.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.
Please do not waste our time. You asked me to send my Vin to you, and then advised me to contact my dealer. We all know how to contact our dealers. You shoul should ask Ford Executives to apologize to all of us that waited for almost two years and received defective Broncos, and come up with a fix soon..

SurroundedByPotholes

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram SRT10, freestyle, Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please do not waste our time. You asked me to send my Vin to you, and then advised me to contact my dealer. We all know how to contact our dealers. You shoul should ask Ford Executives to apologize to all of us that waited for almost two years and received defective Broncos, and come up with a fix soon..
I have yet to have an opinion but I sent all the information and recieved a case number from her. The dealer told me I could just show up early Thursday at open and hope to get in as a walk-in, other than that I'd have to schedule an appointment for some time in January-

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is scheduled to go in next week. I will update once I get it back. I'm not expecting for them to fix it but I want it looked at on record early so in 20,000km there isn't any question about how its driven being the issue with clutch wear etc.

Sponsored

Mattyfly42

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 door 2.3L MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine back today. They ran a bunch of tests. checked the transmission fluid for particles (none). As of now the noise is normal and they are calling it engagement of the gears. And contact pattern of the gears. All bearing etc are good. No leaks. No. trouble shifting etc. Will keep following but won't worry about it until something more substantial pops up.

Seebazs

Badlands
First Name
Esteban Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 2 Door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got mine back today. They ran a bunch of tests. checked the transmission fluid for particles (none). As of now the noise is normal and they are calling it engagement of the gears. And contact pattern of the gears. All bearing etc are good. No leaks. No. trouble shifting etc. Will keep following but won't worry about it until something more substantial pops up.
Thanks for the update, I appreciate it! I will do the same.

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what we get with a Chinese made transmission, Inconsistency. I had doubts about it going ahead with the order. I’ve been lucky so far, but this conversation leaves me doubtful of the durability of this transmission.
This is too bad, because I think that the 7-speed with crawl gear is so cool and fun to drive. I’m also glad that Ford offered a manual when so many manufacturers are moving away from them. I’m just worried that this will fall flat if these end up being a failure.