Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What articulation problem? Best that I’ve seen is the rumored 10mm reduction with Squatch because of added bump stops. If the 10mm is all it is, then I’m okay with that. If it is something else, I would be curious to know where that information is as I haven’t been able to locate it.
It's just 10mm of up-travel loss with stops. There is no problem...35s make up way more in capability advantage over 33s than less than half an inch in lost up travel. I will level min anyway and can take out the stops if I feel like it.
Sponsored

rainman23

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What articulation problem? Best that I’ve seen is the rumored 10mm reduction with Squatch because of added bump stops. If the 10mm is all it is, then I’m okay with that. If it is something else, I would be curious to know where that information is as I haven’t been able to locate it.
That’s what I was referring to. I’m not convinced it’s a problem either. I think the “problem” stems from too much time waiting to order (overthinking) and not a ton of information from Ford on this particular issue. At least that’s what it’s doing to me. I’m an engineer and in the military so I tend to over analyze a lot of things.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's the normal squatch lift, to fit the 35" tires.
Ford has said Badlands and Squatch suspensions are the same except a 10mm bump stop to limit uptravel on Squatch. There has been speculation of different springs but no confirmation of any difference at all.

My point is the difference between Badlands + Optional Wheels (which may or may not be beadlock ready) + 285 Territory MTs and Badlands + Squatch (if we are talking Mansquatch) is most likely $60 more x 5 tires, 5 explicitly beadlock ready wheels that are 1/2" wider and have different offset that moves them out about an inch, 10 mm bumpstops and wider flares.

Is that worth $800? If you intend to go 35's and use the squatch wheels probably. If you are thinking about different wheels and a small lift to keep your articulation - no. If we are talking 10AT - unclear because 4.7s are currently available in B&P free, but who knows if that is real ...

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Because I do not want to get into a bunch of aftermarket add-ons I am going with the Sasquatch package . . . I have been back/forth between Badlands, OBX and Wildtrak since being really turned off by the interiors (my reservation is for the WT - but the beige-ish interior is awful, built up an OBX to the WT specs as best as I could but don't really love either of the (leather) color choices, and now left with the BL - sticking with the MGV seats - but don't love the gray parts of that interior) . . . my add-ons for the Badlands
- 4 Door, Velocity Blue
- MIC Roof
- Keyless Entry Keypad
- Floor Liners
- Storage Bag
- Lux
- Tow Package
- Tube Doors
- Canvas Bimini
This leaves me at $59469.00 . . . which is a fair chunk less that either the OBX or Wildtrak with the same stuff (with those I would add leather because I do not want cloth, wishing they had the MGV option) . . . I also priced it with the upgraded (non-Sas) wheels and MT tires and that final number is $58664.00, so for $805.00 I get the Sasquatch package and won't have to regret not doing it later. Spread over 36 payments at 5.99 (worst case scenario) I am looking at less than $25.00 a month . . . well worth FOR ME.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has said Badlands and Squatch suspensions are the same except a 10mm bump stop to limit uptravel on Squatch.
Where has "Ford" said that?

From what I can tell...one Ford engineer told someone that and it was repeated here. Every other Ford employee has commented at the events that Sasquatch had a taller suspension. One said it had stiffer springs to push it up. It's clear that the Sasquatch truck we have seen have more wheel well showing than the one that was reportedly Badlands suspension with 35s just put on. The numbers when calculated show a taller vehicle with Sasquatch than just what Badlands adds.

It's almost assured that Sasquatch has a taller suspension.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where has "Ford" said that?

From what I can tell...one Ford engineer told someone that and it was repeated here. Every other Ford employee has commented at the events that Sasquatch had a taller suspension. One said it had stiffer springs to push it up. It's clear that the Sasquatch truck we have seen have more wheel well showing than the one that was reportedly Badlands suspension with 35s just put on. The numbers when calculated show a taller vehicle with Sasquatch than just what Badlands adds.

It's almost assured that Sasquatch has a taller suspension.
Levine said it in the Q&A, and it was asked and answered again either at the NYSE or at the Super Celebration West.

The Squatch suspension is taller than the Base-OB. Those models do not have the same Bilsteins that the Badlands and the Squatch have.

As for the Badlands Overland Concept with 35's: considering that winch and extension probably lower the front end 3/4 - 1", and the accessories, tent, ect. in the back of that overland concept bring the rear down some too and the tires were different - we can't take that Overland Concept as a basis for what Badlands-with-315's-and-no-Squatch looks like.

These two for example look like the non-Squatch has more clearance than the Squatch - like about the little under an inch difference in tire diameter.

Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate 2021 Bronco Oxford White Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door
Ford Bronco Badlands Squatch Debate IMG_7146 2

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Levine said it in the Q&A, and it was asked and answered again either at the NYSE or at the Super Celebration West.

The Squatch suspension is taller than the Base-OB. Those models do not have the same Bilsteins that the Badlands and the Squatch have.

As for the Badlands Overland Concept with 35's: considering that winch and extension probably lower the front end 3/4 - 1", and the accessories, tent, ect. in the back of that overland concept bring the rear down some too and the tires were different - we can't take that Overland Concept as a basis for what Badlands-with-315's-and-no-Squatch looks like.

These two for example look like the non-Squatch has more clearance than the Squatch - like about the little under an inch difference in tire diameter.

So based on what your saying if you went 315's on a badlands you would have alittle more clearance then the overland concept right?

American Sender

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco and 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not disputing the Sasquatch 315 tire size upgrade since I am deciding between sas/non-sas myself. But for $695 is the Goodyear Territory 285 really an upgrade over the BFG KO2 285? I have the KO2’s right now and they are great in snow, treadwear, etc. (30,000 miles +). They have become a little more noisy as they wear but not other than that, no issues. Anybody here with Goodyear Territory experience that can help justify $695 over the bfg’s coming standard? That $695 goes a long ways towards the cost of the second set of tires once the bfg’s wear out.

Sponsored

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch still means auto, right? I’ll choose manual tranny over Sasquatch w/optional wheels.

BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tire question - Maybe it’s just the Build module on the site isn’t quite accurate. If I compare the Mud-Terrain to the All-Terrain tires, the Mud Terrains look bigger and better.
It looks like they’re the same specs, just different tread? Can I use Mud Terrains for a daily driver?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

2021 Bronco Oxford White Badlands Sasquatch 2-Door.jpg
IMG_7146 2.jpg
Levine is often wrong, and was not definitive in his comment anyway. The specs would show a .6" difference in suspension height when comparing a Badlands with a WildTrack, and adjusting for tire height. Most Ford reps have confirmed a difference in lift when asked. I am not positive...but almost positive, that there is a difference and that Sasquatch does have more lift. The preponderance of evidence says it has more lift.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes Ford already confirmed it's only 10mm (.4") less travel. I believe it was on one of our question and answer sessions (submitted questions). Don't remember exactly but yes that's all you lose going with 35s. Plus you gain clearance, and of course, breakover, approach and departure angles. The only thing I didn't like with my Raptor was changing tires frequently off-road. They're heavy lol! Hopefully, at a slower Bronco pace, I'll not be changing them nowhere near as often!!

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes Ford already confirmed it's only 10mm (.4") less travel. I believe it was on one of our question and answer sessions (submitted questions). Don't remember exactly but yes that's all you lose going with 35s. Plus you gain clearance, and of course, breakover, approach and departure angles. The only thing I didn't like with my Raptor was changing tires frequently off-road. They're heavy lol! Hopefully, at a slower Bronco pace, I'll not be changing them nowhere near as often!!
For what I’m starting off doing, ground clearance and the angles are more important to me than minor loss in articulation. I’m also interested with 35s from the start with a better looking wheel (IMO). I’d rather not have to deal with immediately trying to sell take-off wheels and tires. At least that’s the thought process for today.
Sponsored