Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't believe I've got to page 31 of this thread and none of the conspiracy theorists on this forum have observed that this dealer behavior also benefits Ford.

Remember the 75% conversion rate that Ford estimated. That looks like where we are headed with dealers converting orders that now may be unwanted by the original reservation holder. Certainly Ford wouldn't want to have to report a 50% or 60% conversion rate to the marketplace when they estimated 75%.
How can this benefit Ford if many of the orders are not accurate? Many have changed there mind since placing their reservation.
Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely wasn’t my post originally ?
I don’t have Twitter. Reposted
@bdub2you

Not sure if it redacted or Levine was being funny ?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
this seams strange because didn’t you have a password on the reservation?
The dealer you selected has your reservation info. A large percentage also have it listed on this site for anyone to view.

Paulr

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Navigator soon to be Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Stay tuned, our Ford rep has told us that Ford is working on a solution to allow incorrectly converted reservations to be moved back to a reservation status. We had some customers want to change to a 2022 order after they already approved us to convert them so it is an issue on our side as well.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How can this benefit Ford if many of the orders are not accurate? Many have changed there mind since placing their reservation.
Let's say you have a reservation or maybe two and you had decided to not order a Bronco but hadn't cancelled your reservation. Dealer inputs an order for you anyway (particularly if it is a Day 1, 2 or 3 reservation). You find out order is input and say I don't want that Bronco. Dealer says no problem. Here's your $100 back. Bronco now arrives on dealer lot. Five minutes and $5,000 ADM later dealer has a sale of a 2021 Bronco in July or August.

Ford has another reservation converted to an order. Another 0.005% increase in their order conversion. 1,900 of these orders equals 1%. Stock market is good to them.

Everyone except the person with a week 2 or 3 reservation who has to wait until May of 2022 to get the Bronco they reserved/ordered is happy.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let's say you have a reservation or maybe two and you had decided to not order a Bronco but hadn't cancelled your reservation. Dealer inputs an order for you anyway (particularly if it is a Day 1, 2 or 3 reservation). You find out order is input and say I don't want that Bronco. Dealer says no problem. Here's your $100 back. Bronco now arrives on dealer lot. Five minutes and $5,000 ADM later dealer has a sale of a 2021 Bronco in July or August.

Ford has another reservation converted to an order. Another 0.005% increase in their order conversion. 1,900 of these orders equals 1%. Stock market is good to them.

Everyone except the person with a week 2 or 3 reservation who has to wait until May of 2022 to get the Bronco they reserved/ordered is happy.
Those are good points, but they don't help Ford put together a build schedule if a percentage of the orders are wrong. I reserved an Outer Banks and still want one. Many have ordered say a Big Bend and now plan on a Wildtrack. That's gonna raise hell with commodities planning.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It is a valid email address if you remove all the dashes and dots (intentionally in there to avoid spam bots that farm email addresses from public posts). The email is mlevine5 @ ford DOT COM. I received a response so I know the email is valid.
I included my cell phone number when I emailed Mr. Levine earlier today (dashes and spaces removed). He actually called my cell and was extremely nice and helpful. In a nutshell, he said do not sweat it, please call the Ford Customer Relations center at 800-334-4375 and they can and will revert your unwanted order back to a reservation and you will not lose your original time stamp.

He also confirmed that reservations do not expire and that we have until March 19, 2021 to convert to a reservation if you want to place an order this cycle. Or...if you do nothing, you can wait until the 2022 ordering cycle is open and convert then.

Great guy and great customer service!

RWBigBend21

Big Bend
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe you should check with them first - my understanding from our dealer here in NY was they were doing this to get some of the heavy lifting out of the way and then sit down with the reservation holder to finalize configuration.
Yeah, some dealers are
Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
@RWBigBend21

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I included my cell phone number when I emailed Mr. Levine earlier today (dashes and spaces removed). He actually called my cell and was extremely nice and helpful. In a nutshell, he said do not sweat it, please call the Ford Customer Relations center at 800-334-4375 and they can and will revert your unwanted order back to a reservation and you will not lose your original time stamp.

He also confirmed that reservations do not expire and that we have until March 19, 2021 to convert to a reservation if you want to place an order this cycle. Or...if you do nothing, you can wait until the 2022 ordering cycle is open and convert then.

Great guy and great customer service!
Glad to see this is getting resolved. Original intentions of various dealers aside, this was an unneeded 2 days of high anxiety for a subset of reservation holders. I wonder about the folks who haven't realized what happened and are not on this forum to know to check.

Hopefully Ford is capturing this stuff for the post rollout lessons learned meeting. (Who the hell am I kidding? They're probably going to laud this as an overwhelming success. :rolleyes:)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I started a new thread but I just got this statement from Ford. Will be sent out in a bit but they wanted it out ASAP.

We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In a nutshell, he said do not sweat it, please call the Ford Customer Relations center at 800-334-4375 and they can and will revert your unwanted order back to a reservation and you will not lose your original time stamp.
Just got off the phone with Ford Marketing and was told that they cannot do anything once the order has been converted. They instructed me to call the dealership and see if they can convert the order back to a reservation. So far the dealership has not returned my calls.

Edit. It looks like @Nickp and I posted at the sametime. If this is the case, it will probably take Ford a few days to get the procedure in place.

Last edited:

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like they will figure out a way to unwind the deals, IF the customer complains. If customers just accept a dealers word that maybe claims they were told to convert everyone to what thet reserved and double check with them as a verification, then most everyone of them will go along with that, especially if they get the mistaken idea that cancelling will make them lose their place in mind Might even sidetrack some pricing talks until the trucks arrive. I fear the dealers that pulled this will come out ahead over all

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are good points, but they don't help Ford put together a build schedule if a percentage of the orders are wrong. I reserved an Outer Banks and still want one. Many have ordered say a Big Bend and now plan on a Wildtrack. That's gonna raise hell with commodities planning.
I was just saying that Ford's interest in this scam is percentage of reservations converted to orders.

If Ford ends up with an excess of grey grab handles because they planned on too many Big Bend sales they'll just add them to the 2022 Heritage model.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford Statement Regarding Order Conversions Without Customer Consent

We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My pleasure. I see you are from Iowa. I bet you are with Granger. The truth is I feel like the knucklehead...I should have been paying closer attention and changed to them a long time ago! :)
I am fortunate to live about 15 miles away from Granger. Let me know if you want recommendations on where to eat or stay on your visit to Iowa.

Tag
Sponsored