Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Below is the memo that my dealer received about procedures to fix the noise:
Do you have service scheduled to have this done? If so can you be sure to report back if the issue is resolved per this memo? Really appriecate the share!

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just called bronco customer support and was told there was no memo about this- seem to be getting runaround from ford

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just called bronco customer support and was told there was no memo about this- seem to be getting runaround from ford
The mechanic who specializes in transmissions that works at the dealer is on sick leave. So I need to wait for him to get back, whenever that happens..

Last edited:

UTultimate

Badlands
First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have what TSB number this is, so we can point our dealers in the right direction? Also, they seem to just be replacing the 5th and 6th synchronizer rings, are the replacements a different design? Or did the originals just fail for some reason?

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have what TSB number this is, so we can point our dealers in the right direction? Also, they seem to just be replacing the 5th and 6th synchronizer rings, are the replacements a different design? Or did the originals just fail for some reason?
this is quite literally a story that is unfolding as we post. We won’t have those answers for a few days/weeks/months

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love my bronco - but damn this is frustrating

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello again, Martin. I have checked on your case and according to my resources, the case has been resolved. Please reach out to the Service Manager at Hub City Ford. The case has been assigned to them as well and they can provide more info on the details of your case and also answer any further questions you may have.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team

Just received this

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just learned that the official TSB has not been released yet. The instructions I posted earlier were provided to my dealer by a Ford Engineer ahead of the official release of TSB

Sponsored

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Badlands 7-spd, ‘20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the key question……

The ‘bunch or rocks’ sounds and being squelched with light gear shift pressure towards 6th gear suggests the rings had ‘loose’ tolerances on the slider/synchro hub & resonating/grazing 5th &/or 6th gears.
- superseded part # ? Sub-par materials ?
- bad machining tolerances on the 5/6 synchro rings (I.D.’s, O.D.s or thickness) ??

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello again, Martin. I have checked on your case and according to my resources, the case has been resolved. Please reach out to the Service Manager at Hub City Ford. The case has been assigned to them as well and they can provide more info on the details of your case and also answer any further questions you may have.
Drew
Ford Social Media Team

Just received this
I had an open case with Ford as well, and as soon as they contacted by dealer, they closed the case without resolving the noise problem

Mmartin52

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Only negative i have with my bronco-hopefully with enough complaints they will find a fix- i drove another manual recently and there was absolutely no noise present

Mortonm

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do we have any guess how many of these are affected ? Surely not all of them or this thread would be a lot bigger.

Just wonder what my chances are of getting another bum one after mine is back together next week
Sponsored