First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dropped the Bronco off at the dealer this morning and mentioned the TSB and had a video for the advisor. Got a call this afternoon; parts have been ordered and I was able to pick it up.
Sponsored

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dropped the Bronco off at the dealer this morning and mentioned the TSB and had a video for the advisor. Got a call this afternoon; parts have been ordered and I was able to pick it up.
Lucky you! I dropped mine off in March, took a week to get it back. Even then I had to start it and point out the noise because they couldn't find it. Last week I called back for status on the parts and didn't get a call back. Called again today and the guy is out for the week but another but looked it up and said nothing was ordered under my information. I'm livid. But the noise is less with the warm weather and I'm over 10k so it's not blowing up yet...

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Roll Pin is on the TSB parts list.
Whew. I missed that. Thanks! Today is day 3 for the repair and no call yet from the dealer. I'm hoping that's good news and that I get the call today saying it's ready to pick it up. He told me 'it'll be a few days' when I dropped it off.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. And to clarify, my Bronco remains with me while the dealership waits on the roll pin. They knew not to start the TSB until they had everything in pocket. They do have the D-rings already. Just waiting on the dang roll pin …
Not sure how my dealer was able to get a roll pin. They did initially order the TSB parts in January, so maybe it was available then. They were ready for me to drop the Bronco off when word came out about the -D synchro so they had to wait 3 more weeks for that to come in.

UM_Ftown

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 5.9, 01 XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ll have to check my calendar but pretty sure I’m closing in on a month or close to. Had a really good chat with the shop forman yesterday about it, how they got the new revision parts and had to wait on a bearing puller. He said it’s the first Bronco manual they’ve had to pull and disassemble (you’d never know from this forum). I talked to him about the ProCal tune I just got and they’re going to install it when done with the transmission for .5 labor which seems like a good deal. They’ve tried to do everything right so far, didn’t start working on the Bronco until all TSB parts were in. Delays came after it was opened up and more parts had to be ordered. It’s still cold here so not super disappointed yet, I’d still order another manual if doing it again.

Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I/we (wife's Bronco) had the problem; now fixed (after almost 2 months). No problems so far. You can't miss/ignore the "sound".....good luck. Make them FIX it!
So was it just the 5th/6th "UPDATED -D" synchro they replaced that lead to a resolution for you ultimately?

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So was it just the 5th/6th "UPDATED -D" synchro they replaced that lead to a resolution for you ultimately?
Yes. The "old, defective parts" (the 5/6th synchronizers) "came out in 2 pieces each when the tech broke the tranny down--new parts came in (5/6 each in one piece), put in=working great so far....don't give up on the Bronco yet! Lot's of fun to drive, and, practical imo....

Dilfman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gsx
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just picked my 7MT Base Squatch up last week and noticed the noises a few days ago. Hear it in Neutral-3rd and when in neutral if I move it over to 6th the noise stops. Taking it in Monday to see what they’ll say. Shifts fine and all but definitely doesn’t sound right.
Dropped off the bronco DEC 17. Received the bronco back last week with the Revision D part and by the next day the noise was persistent again.

Dilfman

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse Gsx
Your Bronco Model
Base
When did you get the Rev-D synchros? The first reported install here was just a couple weeks ago.
The 12th of April was when the work order through the dealership was closed and I picked it up the following day.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped off the bronco DEC 17. Received the bronco back last week with the Revision D part and by the next day the noise was persistent again.
Everyone in this thread right now.

s71u5.jpg

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can you take a picture of the repair order/receipt?
I find it very hard to believe any shop was able to get the revised synchronizers that quickly. But I could be wrong 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Nevermind, I ordered a set right when the new number was released and we received the revised parts 3/27, so it is very possible unfortunately. I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out now with the updated parts having conflicting results.

Last edited:

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 7MT 2door on its way to me now. On the phone with Ford trying to find out which transmission was dropped in the Bronco. Lets see if they can tell me......

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a 7MT 2door on its way to me now. On the phone with Ford trying to find out which transmission was dropped in the Bronco. Lets see if they can tell me......
Probably no need to wait and see, it's gunna be the old one because the new ones are on order.

Skidog

Badlands
First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco "21"Badlands 4dr 2.7,"23"2Dr Man,Tesla, Bmw
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably no need to wait and see, it's gunna be the old one because the new ones are on order.
Just sorta hoping for a confirmation! Oh well, will be passed on and will wait for my HE
Sponsored

Last edited: