91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got nearly 6k miles on the 'D' synchros now, still silent and shifting nicely. Its getting colder here with a couple mornings just below 40F and it's still quiet on those cold starts so far too.
Sponsored

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here with some overnight temps in the low 40s. I used to have the grinding back in the spring at those temps, so I'm thinking we're good! 🤞

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has always been a cheap company. Literally from Henry Ford himself if you know his story. So even if it saves them $1 they would rather try to rebuild it. That's also where the other problem comes. Again Ford- a cheap vehicle. Some people paying upwards of 60-70 grand and expecting a 60 or 70 grand worth of let's say an X5 and then get buthurt about it. Making a big deal about it.
I even think the noise issue was exaggerated. Not necessarily a bad thing, since finally we have a solution, but at the end of the day not that big of an issue in the first place. And if you lower your expectations from the brand and the model to about $30000 what this vehicle was supposed to be, developed with a manual transmission that no one does anymore. Not only that but a proper manual for the Bronco, not an afterthought. I believe we should all be pretty happy.
This. I got a brand new 30k vehicle with removable top/doors and manual trans, and it's getting the job done. Mine has the AB trans, knock on wood so far no grinding noise, easy to operate.

It's like when Ford did their early consumer research, they built this vehicle with me in mind in terms of price and functionality. All we've had for so many years in the open top 4x4 genre was Wrangler, I'm still surprised and happy Ford jumped back in.

Jfman

Base
First Name
jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Manual transmissions are so much simpler than autos so it amazes me that Ford cant get it right yet the 10 speed auto trans are flawless.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Manual transmissions are so much simpler than autos so it amazes me that Ford cant get it right yet the 10 speed auto trans are flawless.
10 speeds had a large amount of issues at first. The only difference is they’ve been out for a while now so the issues have been resolved.

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevrolet Silverado, 2022 Bronco Badlands 4D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
10 speeds had a large amount of issues at first. The only difference is they’ve been out for a while now so the issues have been resolved.
I think his point and my thoughts are that we didn’t buy this vehicle to test it out for Ford and these problems are frustrating.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think his point and my thoughts are that we didn’t buy this vehicle to test it out for Ford and these problems are frustrating.
I understand that, but unfortunately this is what happens sometimes when you buy the first year/first few years of a new transmission or anything else for that matter. Ford certainly isn't the only company with issues like this.

First Name
Ball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Been follwing this forum for some time, is there a clear fix for this yet?

My experiences so far.

1. Got in early on the original TSB. Dealer received the -C synchro and lied to me saying they got -D. 2 weeks later the noise was back.
2. Fought with FORD and Dealer for 2 months before they agreed to replace the transmission, claiming the noise is acceptable and others they tested make the same noise.
3. Drove on the new -AB transmissions for 3-4 months but heard extremely faint scraping basically entire time. 2 days ago temps dipped to 40*F and when i started my bronco the old cold soak warmup rock grinding could be heard. Not as loud as before but at this point dealer will probably tell me to go pound rocks till it gets worse.

Winter is coming!

Going on 4 model years now and still no true resolution that I have seen reported? Very mixed, some say its resolved some say the noise is acceptable. What gives? I dropped over $50k on this vehicle.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Been follwing this forum for some time, is there a clear fix for this yet?

My experiences so far.

1. Got in early on the original TSB. Dealer received the -C synchro and lied to me saying they got -D. 2 weeks later the noise was back.
2. Fought with FORD and Dealer for 2 months before they agreed to replace the transmission, claiming the noise is acceptable and others they tested make the same noise.
3. Drove on the new -AB transmissions for 3-4 months but heard extremely faint scraping basically entire time. 2 days ago temps dipped to 40*F and when i started my bronco the old cold soak warmup rock grinding could be heard. Not as loud as before but at this point dealer will probably tell me to go pound rocks till it gets worse.

Winter is coming!

Going on 4 model years now and still no true resolution that I have seen reported? Very mixed, some say its resolved some say the noise is acceptable. What gives? I dropped over $50k on this vehicle.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your noise concern on my end.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took my rig in for a laundry list of warranty concerns. I suppose ford will deny most of them (hard top cracks, MGV seat cracks, horn/airbag cracks, etc).

Among them was the trans, post TSB.

The returned consensus is that they will repeat the TSB in hopes that round two fixes the issue…

Around we go again. Let’s hope that the fuel line doesn’t get busted, that it doesn’t get towed in wrong and blow the transfercase again.

Groundhog Day can kick rocks

Sponsored

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am now on week 7 of my Bronco being at the dealer for issues with this clutch and transmission.
2 weeks for the TSB
5 weeks for the subsequent failed clutch

I just want my noisy, functional transmission and Bronco back.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am now on week 7 of my Bronco being at the dealer for issues with this clutch and transmission.
2 weeks for the TSB
5 weeks for the subsequent failed clutch

I just want my noisy, functional transmission and Bronco back.
That’s rough… did they mess up the bleed procedure or the clutch itself?

I was thinking about asking the dealer to replace the clutch while they’ve got the trans pulled. Subarus typically last 100,000kms, I wonder what our life expectancy is with this setup… assuming regular well behaved driving habits

Mustbeheresomewhere

Badlands
First Name
Micah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s rough… did they mess up the bleed procedure or the clutch itself?

I was thinking about asking the dealer to replace the clutch while they’ve got the trans pulled. Subarus typically last 100,000kms, I wonder what our life expectancy is with this setup… assuming regular well behaved driving habits
It’s a problem with the slave cylinder.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've decided to just live with the issue. Reading the horror stories on repair failures, poor dealer workmanship, tech's unfamiliar with repair procedures, dealers not having the proper tools, clutch failures, vehicle at the dealer for weeks or months on end, vehicles returned with trans issues varying from the original grinding noise, wrong parts ordered, wrong parts installed, the list is ad nauseam. My dealer is a small town dealer. I believe I may be the only manual they sold, they do not have the speciality tools to do the repair, does that mean Ford would authorize a replacement trans over a tear down? If they would, I would pursue that, however, I doubt it, so why subject my dealer and myself to the pain of frustration and disappointment. As far as I've read, unless I missed it, NO transmission has completely failed, stranded or endangered it owner. I have an extended warranty, once that runs out, should the trans fail, I'll then buy a new trans, getting the latest part number available and swap it out myself. A swap is pretty straight forward, I'm an old school gear head, R&R many a transmission, rebuilt several over the years. By then I'll replace the clutch, flywheel and throw out bearing good to go another 150k. All frustrations eliminated, stress non existent and happy knowing I did it myself.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've decided to just live with the issue. Reading the horror stories on repair failures, poor dealer workmanship, tech's unfamiliar with repair procedures, dealers not having the proper tools, clutch failures, vehicle at the dealer for weeks or months on end, vehicles returned with trans issues varying from the original grinding noise, wrong parts ordered, wrong parts installed, the list is ad nauseam. My dealer is a small town dealer. I believe I may be the only manual they sold, they do not have the speciality tools to do the repair, does that mean Ford would authorize a replacement trans over a tear down? If they would, I would pursue that, however, I doubt it, so why subject my dealer and myself to the pain of frustration and disappointment. As far as I've read, unless I missed it, NO transmission has completely failed, stranded or endangered it owner. I have an extended warranty, once that runs out, should the trans fail, I'll then buy a new trans, getting the latest part number available and swap it out myself. A swap is pretty straight forward, I'm an old school gear head, R&R many a transmission, rebuilt several over the years. By then I'll replace the clutch, flywheel and throw out bearing good to go another 150k. All frustrations eliminated, stress non existent and happy knowing I did it myself.
I have been living with it for 7 months waiting to be seen as my dealer strings me along. It was easy to forget about during the summer but it's really embarrassing now that it's cooling off.
Sponsored