Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 G550, 20 Panamera, 20 r9T, 22 KarenSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Having said that, I also bought from Grieco Fort Lauderdale. My salesman texted me pics the morning it came in and I picked it up later that day for MSRP. Not saying something wrong didn’t happen here, just that Grieco was stand up in my case so this could be an isolated (yet f’ed up) situation. Even service department has been good (windshield recall was handled ASAP).
I had a bad experience with Grieco screwing around with me on my A-plan (wasn’t for the Bronco, I walked out).

I got my Bronco by luck when the person who ordered refused to take delivery. But the dealer handled the right way. I walked in because I wanted to look at one to place an order for MY23. They told me I could look at the car on the lot but couldn’t test drive as it was someone’s order, but the customer had said they weren’t going to take it.

Dealer told me that until the customer came to the dealership to sign paperwork confirming he was abandoning the order they could not let me test drive or buy the car and they would call me if the customer signed the paperwork.

Got the call about 4 days later when dealer received signed confirmation of abandonment.

That’s how it’s supposed to go down with an abandoned order. This is dealer’s fault, not FoMoCo.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We must have some incognito scummy dealer car salesmen on here. Always quick to blame the person who got screwed by yet another scumbag dealer. Between the ADM on ordered broncos and broncos sold out from under the order holder, plus other shady BS- you’d think some on here would fall off their high horse.
Not saying there isn’t occasionally a story to be viewed with skepticism but good lord……..
Some people may look at 30 vague posts with no details and draw their own conclusions. 2 sides to a story and I’m guessing the other is a doosey.

Tcbbronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I for one am the type to cut off my nose to spite my face. I was fully prepared to turn my vehicle into a battering ram (by accident of course) and take out a couple ADM cars they had on the lot. Sure itd cost me my deductible, but the markups theyd eat wouldve been much more than my $500 and rate increase. I couldve lived with that. Luckily, dealer wasnt a jackass but the vehicle was positioned in case the pedal stuck.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people may look at 30 vague posts with no details and draw their own conclusions. 2 sides to a story and I’m guessing the other is a doosey.
He gave you details- you’ve chosen to believe the side that has all the power. It’s your choice.

Sponsored

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He gave you details- you’ve chosen to believe the side that has all the power. It’s your choice.
Yup. The double-downers will double down.

So obvious.

So boring.

It happens here EVERY time anyone has an issue with an order. Makes you wonder, huh?

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can’t you take your bronco to any dealership for warranty and service, not just the one it was purchased from?
I can. My current dealership is a 10 min walk from my house. If I wanted to take it elsewhere I certainly could. But that isn't the point. If I was faced with a decision about owning a bronco, I would want to take it to the nearest dealership, but that is just me. OP of course would have their own perspective.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP seems to be more reasonable than most responding here. I hate to hear about this happening and I would definitely be ticked if it happened to me.

Having said that, I also bought from Grieco Fort Lauderdale. My salesman texted me pics the morning it came in and I picked it up later that day for MSRP. Not saying something wrong didn’t happen here, just that Grieco was stand up in my case so this could be an isolated (yet f’ed up) situation. Even service department has been good (windshield recall was handled ASAP).

Hope something works out.
OP might consider DM'ing @motocane for someone reasonable at Grieco Fort Lauderdale. Can't hurt. @Darby 3825

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What will that accomplish? Nothing, unless you want the dealer to be blown up because you let yourself get screwed.
For starters, it would warn people about a shady dealer, it would warn people using other details about the types of scenarios they might encounter, and it would provide the OP with a forum to discuss his options.

Also, the victims in these cases are not letting themselves get screwed

Sponsored

Black Diamond

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coming from someone who went through a lawsuit that literally was filed right before covid and just wrapped up 2 months ago, the process isnt worth it. What I will say is, any decent lawyer is willing to send a letter for $500 to threaten of a lawsuit if a resolution isn't made. Seems like a cheap way to get your message across if you're not willing to step up for YOUR Bronco.

AzGrrl480

Badlands
First Name
Deanna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sonata and Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something fishy about this, I checked I looked up this Amada https://www.linkedin.com/in/amanda-schwartzmeyer-a169b61b6 and it looks like she is some type of broker https://www.linkedin.com/company/centralbdc?trk=public_profile_experience-group-header Id be going to the BBB and filing a complaint
BBB is a joke, it’s a third party agency that basically collects membership fees and does nothing. The State Attorney General and a good attorney would be my next two phone calls..

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm learning real quick that these boards can be a trial by fire. I have no interest in dealer shaming Grieco, but posted here looking for some guidance and maybe even venting on my part. So It's clear, I showed up at the dealer the day after I got the attached email. Only to find out this morning after running a VIN check that they sold it on the 19th.
I'm not sure I even want one now. :poop:
Ignore the trolls who think that we should blame the victim and shoot the hostage.

The bottom line is that this is not isolated and certainly not the way that this is supposed to go down. Additionally, you are not an isolated case/example of shady shit going on.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

LMFAO, as if they GAF. Please, the BBB is more effective than that account, and I have made it clear in the past about the protection racket and business extortion tactics that characterize the BBB.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe you OP. I am pissed off for you. This is probably one of the worst stories I have read on here to date. So sorry this is happening to you and no clear recourse.
My attorney would talk to them .
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.