dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
Nope!

I'm sure someone would be more that happy to take it off your hands for you.
Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
If this isnt a trolling post idk what is and pages of responses. He doesnt own a Bronco. Hes a jeep owner

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lol at all the "It's a Ford" comments... Been driving F-150s, wife's Explorers/Edges and Mustangs since college. Other than the one Edge with some odd electrical issues, they've all been solid, reliable vehicles. Standard maintenance and they ran forever. Both of my previous F0150s went over the 150k mark. Explorers over 100k easily. Mustang I sold early to make room for the Bronco.

I will say buying the last F150 new was a much less stressful experience as you're not rolling the dice on what the genius before you did in the full size 4x4 truck that they probably had no business driving.

I'm not here to bash other OEMs, just stating my experience. Drive what makes you happy.

I knew exactly what I was getting into buying the second MY of a basically completely new model. There's always some things that get tweaked as they iterate. I've been lucky that I've only had one QC issue so far (mirror cap warped), that was handle appropriately by my dealer. Maybe I've been lucky. I do certainly feel for the folks that seem to have had nothing but issues. If that was my experience I'm sure I'd be frustrated as well.

At the end of the day, this is a convertible 4x4. I bought it as a fun car for the wife and I. Not a daily driver. And I've been exceedingly happy with it in that regard. I actually think I could make this a daily driver for me if I had to, but don't think I'd ever get rid of my pickup truck.
Yeah, same here. Ford family so I've driven them forever and have never had a major problem. My mustang is at 115,000 miles and looks and runs like new and my escape is about to eclipse 200,000 miles and no issues with that either. The escape is the back and forth to work and the bronco is the fun/ wife vehicle.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Manual transmission is rock solid, 2.3 has plenty of power, sasquatch package was worth the money, soft top is super easy to put into any configuration, and the thing is a blast to drive. Not to mention I feel like they nailed the interior for being minimal and utilitarian. Exactly what I want out of a truck that's about an off-road and outdoor dynamic.

Had I gone with something like a wildtrak or an OBX Lux expecting a nice creature comfort roadcar I'd probably be seething. I get the appeal of having luxury features in a car, but getting them on an off-road orientated SUV seems like you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Regrets? No.

Wishes? Sure. I love my Wildtrak and all it has, I do prefer the appearance of the leather in the Outerbanks, and I do sometimes think a sta-bar disconnect would be nice. But since that’s things from other trims and no one trim was gonna have it all, the Wildtrak was my best choice. I’m very happy with it and plan to drive it til the wheels fall off…

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this isnt a trolling post idk what is and pages of responses. He doesnt own a Bronco. Hes a jeep owner
I have a regret now. I regret clicking this thread.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was never a car forum guy til the bronco. Eye opening experience the way some people are out there. Just tiny little miniscule things and they go nuts. Honestly not sure how they make it on the day to day.
I've said it several times on here, the number of OCD folks on here is mind blowing

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just like Jeeps, if Broncos were perfect then they wouldn't be

broncohopeful

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no regrets. hard no.
why is this even a question?

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

HOSSMAN

Badlands
First Name
HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone complaining about gas mileage....shutty! lol. My 83 with a 351 before the 38's got 8 mpg... My 2021 GMC AT4 with the 5.3 gets a whopping 13 downhill with a tail wind light on fuel and my dead grandmother driving it.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bummer you aren't happy. One should be happy when plunking down this kind of cash for any new vehicle.

Personally, my expectations were exceeded. I thought the Bronco was going to have a bumpier, stiffer ride, and I think it may be better than my Escape. I do have some things that I would do differently than Ford did, but I don't categorize those as regrets. Some things Ford could do with a software update:

I wish there was an analog-style tach display option that would replace the digital speedo and digital tach. Having the digital speedo next to the analog speedo is redundant.

I wish there was a way to have the previous GOAT mode be the default.

I agree that Badlands and up trims should have Sport mode. Not sure how much I'd use it, but I should have access to it if I want. I will probably ForScan that just because.

So far, the only thing I'd really like to change is to find a way to reduce wind noise, which for me (or in my Bronco, at least) isn't significant until freeway speeds. I accept that magic can't happen when the whole top is removable, though. Right now, I may still be in the honeymoon phase, but I'm a happy camper.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regrets, I've had a few

But then again, too few to mention

I did what I had to do

I saw it through, without exemption

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you do a lot of top down off roading? If you were getting a lot of use and enjoyment from that functionality, then I bet the build quality and comfort issues would be considerably less concerning.

I venture like a lot of people who bought based on image, for real actual use you bought the wrong vehicle? I'd never buy a Bronco just for normal car-like pavement use, I think that's kind of silly.
Sponsored