Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to be fair, the interior build quality is poor, particularly the plastic choices, compared to most vehicles in the Bronco’s price range and much lower. People aren’t comparing it to 80k + vehicles. Yes, we knew what we were getting and made that informed decision, but it’s still largely a cheap interior. No Jeep owner has said the interior quality is better on a Bronco that I’ve seen. Seats, on road ride quality is better, sure. Other aspects are more preference than a better/ worse.
On the other hand most vehicles in this price range lack lockers, off-road suspensions, and have weaker frames. Ford also had to design an interior that would potentially be exposed to the elements more than your average luxury car.
Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
At the end of the day, this is a convertible 4x4. I bought it as a fun car for the wife and I. Not a daily driver.
As a daily driver, it's better than my Mustang. Much better visibility, and my back appreciates not having to climb into a vehicle 3 inches off the ground. And I actually get less wind noise.

It's a hell of a lot better than the Expedition I drove for 19 months while waiting for my bronco to be built. Much easier to park, about 50% better MPG, has a stick-shift so is actually somewhat engaging to drive.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the other hand most vehicles in this price range lack lockers, off-road suspensions, and have weaker frames. Ford also had to design an interior that would potentially be exposed to the elements more than your average luxury car.
Very true + other heavier duty components overall. Lots of things eating up their margins, driving prices higher.

Reactions: Jdc

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My thoughts exactly. Sure, there are other vehicles with better interior materials in the $50k-$60k range, like a Lexus sedan or a nicely optioned Nissan Maxima, but they aren't going off road any time soon. As far as cheap plastic interior, I wouldn't say its any cheaper than the Wrangler.

I could see from an engineering standpoint, there is a target for cost and weight. The plastic fits the bill. Could Ford or Jeep use Carbon Fiber to get a high end feel with low weight...sure, but now we are paying way more $ and then we would have a whole new set of complaints. They could use other high end materials sacrificing payload, cost, and/or durability, but any of those will also have their criticism. I would say that if high end interior is on the tops of your wants list from an off roader, Ranger Rover might be a better option. They are very enjoyable vehicles when not in the shop (which is always).

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now that I’ve done some off roading I regret not going getting a badlands or Sas. That’s about it.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
No regrets, Only issue is the well known headlight switch gremlin. Glad I got what I did, fits my wants and needs to a T...

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No regrets....every time I jump in it to drive around, I get a smile on my face.

Sponsored

Justin_Kane

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti Q50
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No regrets, just wish it didnt take so long to have to wait to enjoy it. Better and more solid than most American cars in my experience. My Bronco was my first new American car.

Jeffp1108

Heritage
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hmm I might be one of the lucky ones then, no rattle, soft top is louder as expected but not unbearable until you start hitting 70+mph, when did the ceo say the quality is terrible? Link?
My guess is he’s a troll. Probably a Jeep owner.

Adam80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you experiencing all of those issues? Could you detail for us the specific issues you've had with your own Bronco's build quality? This is in effect a first generation product. Despite Ford marketing referring to it as a sixth generation Bronco, it's an entirely new product, and you should expect some design issues this early on.

I have no regrets about my Bronco, since I had this forum to comb through every time I found myself on the porcelain throne. Two years of reading through every scrap of information prepared me pretty well for what I might be getting into, but thankfully I've just had a couple paint chips from transport, and my door hinges had weird overspray, which my dealer had corrected (thanks, Riata Ford!)
I also had paint chips from transport - two different spots on the hood. Having the hood re-painted in about 10 days. Just hoping that it matches exactly and looks "factory new" (which they assured me it will).

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also had paint chips from transport - two different spots on the hood. Having the hood re-painted in about 10 days. Just hoping that it matches exactly and looks "factory new" (which they assured me it will).
Depending on your color, it probably will look pretty good! Mine is Cyber Orange, and I found that the paint didn't have the same reflective properties across both metal and plastic body panels, but a shop my dealership uses for paint work was able to correct it. Don't let it stop you from enjoying your new ride!

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No regrets at all. Love my BL 4-door manual with High package. I like it so much it has become my daily driver despite the 17mpg gas mileage.

It is a joy to drive.

It needed side steps to ease ingress/egress, but that is the only thing that it "needed". Road noise is not great over 70mph but very reasonable below that.

On my 3rd recall right now, but totally expected it as my wife's Explorer had something like 20 of them, and I didn't expect Ford quality to be any better in 2022.

The interior scuffs way too easily and looks cheap. The digital tach is total boolsheit. Ford should have had a 2nd stalk for with front/rear windshield wipers instead of cramming everything into the turn-signal stalk. No USB port on top of the dashboard (without the Lux package). No cold weather package (heated seats, heated steering wheel, engine block heater) that wasn't dependent on Mid/High/Lux packages was totally cheeseball by Ford marketing.

But none of this falls into the "regret" category. I love my Bronco and wouldn't give it up for anything less than $200K :)
Sponsored