First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm absolutely DYING to get my bronco priced and built. I'm leaning towards a Big Bend, but I'm unsure about getting the sasquatch package. I REALLY want it, but I'm looking to pinch some pennies. I'm not sure if i should go with the 2.3 likely in A.T., because I want remote start, with the sasquatch or if i should upgrade to the 2.7 and just larger tires. This is going to be a daily driver but i do want to occasionally take it off the beaten path for kicks and giggles. I'm not necessarily set on anything as builds and price will make things a bit more tangible. What are some of your guy's thoughts?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Welcome.
You want to pinch some pennies, go base mansquatch. Thank me later.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm either doing base 2.7 sasquach or BD as is. I could care less about a manual. Done with that. Definitely want the 2.7 anyway.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm absolutely DYING to get my bronco priced and built. I'm leaning towards a Big Bend, but I'm unsure about getting the sasquatch package. I REALLY want it, but I'm looking to pinch some pennies. I'm not sure if i should go with the 2.3 likely in A.T., because I want remote start, with the sasquatch or if i should upgrade to the 2.7 and just larger tires. This is going to be a daily driver but i do want to occasionally take it off the beaten path for kicks and giggles. I'm not necessarily set on anything as builds and price will make things a bit more tangible. What are some of your guy's thoughts?
35" Squatch tires greatly increase stopping time & distance (less safe). They also reduce acceleration. These are the main reasons I've ruled out Squatch. Also, they're louder and reduce mpg. Big Bend has a the rear differential lock option ($500-ish). That will give you plenty of off-road capability! Get the locker and the 2.7L. Upgrade the tires once the stocks wear out.

My guess is you'll get a lot more bang for your buck and enjoyment paying $3500 for the 2.7L than you will $5000 for the Squatch!

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMO that's a ton of money to spend, for some serious off road hardware, for 'occasionally off the beaten path'.

Optioning just the rear locker itself would likely be more than you'd ever need.

For the (suspected) price of the samsquantch, I bet you'd get a lot more utility out of the auto+2.7+mid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is going to be a DD, I wonder what the MPGs will be on the WT.

BradtheWelder

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMO that's a ton of money to spend, for some serious off road hardware, for 'occasionally off the beaten path'.

Optioning just the rear locker itself would likely be more than you'd ever need.

For the (suspected) price of the samsquantch, I bet you'd get a lot more utility out of the auto+2.7+mid.

Ford Bronco To squatch or not to squatch? Snap37

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Get the Sasquatch for the lockers. If you just want 35” tires there are less expensive ways to get there. If your not into off road clubs and bouncing around a mountain then you don’t need Sasquatch, save your money.

Jeep has many models of Wranglers. Only the Rubicon has lockers. Don’t get caught up with Ford making Sasquatch available for all trims (awesome that they do). They would sell much more if they offered a 35” package without lockers, but kept the upgraded front end.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get the Sasquatch for the lockers. If you just want 35” tires there are less expensive ways to get there. If your not into off road clubs and bouncing around a mountain then you don’t need Sasquatch, save your money.

Jeep has many models of Wranglers. Only the Rubicon has lockers. Don’t get caught up with Ford making Sasquatch available for all trims (awesome that they do). They would sell much more if they offered a 35” package without lockers, but kept the upgraded front end.
I’m leaning towards a 2 door now with the Base and wondering if I should even squatch. The gearing and lockers (rear specifically) are what I want most.

I can get past not having a locker, but the gearing at 4.7 is hard to beat from factory. Regearing can be a headache from what I’ve read and it has to be tweaked to perfection. I want nothing to do with that to be honest. Ford’s marketing team sure is prying open my wallet on this one lol.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am also still undecided. Maybe build and price will help:) Logically for me the 33 would work best as I will be doing a lot of pavement, but that extra 1 inch of clearance might come in handy off road. Probably if I went 35 I would never really end up using it.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't buy vehicles very often (still driving my 17 year old Acura that I bought new) so I'm going all in on everything I want now and think I may want at some point in the future. I plan to have this for a very long time.

I'm down to two options (both with 2.7L AT): Wildtrak with Lux package or Badsquatch with Lux package. Most likely going Badsquatch but need to compare in the B&P to decide.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going 2.7/auto. So thinking black diamond. But I could go base and squatch. Doing that would mean no wash out floors which is something I really want.

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

35" Squatch tires greatly increase stopping time & distance (less safe). They also reduce acceleration. These are the main reasons I've ruled out Squatch. Also, they're louder and reduce mpg. Big Bend has a the rear differential lock option ($500-ish). That will give you plenty of off-road capability! Get the locker and the 2.7L. Upgrade the tires once the stocks wear out.

My guess is you'll get a lot more bang for your buck and enjoyment paying $3500 for the 2.7L than you will $5000 for the Squatch!
Appreciate this post. I'm going to have a hard time not squatching my Badlands for cool factor alone (there, I said it). When I make the call, though, I want to do it with eyes wide open and reduced acceleration & stopping are significant drawbacks.
Sponsored