Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
You can change you reservation up till you Bronco starts down the line. They are feeding you BS
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Statement Regarding Order Conversions Without Customer Consent

We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy.
Thanks that was what stated at the start of this side show.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great news! Thanks everyone!

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are dealers charging people MSRP for these? Is anyone paying MSRP?

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks that was what stated at the start of this side show.
my bad...i was just emailed by the regional mgr and he sent me that, so i didnt scroll up to see what was going on, just wanted to get it out asap

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just to play around in WDBO, I cancelled a test reservation i converted to an order on 1/19 in WBDO...took about 20 mins, my dealer email received a cancellation confirmation, reservation shows back up with timestamp...now, I cant process offline to WBDO (re order it), but its not gone...

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611270387691

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone else encountered their dealership adding an additional fee called a Dealership Commitment addendum which is pretty much $1500 on top of the MSRP?
im sorry, this made me laugh...the stuff us dealers think of...it’s bogus...just an ADM by another name

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, just checked and sure enough it says in-store order and that it was ordered 1/20. Interesting stuff, I’ve dealt with this dealership for my last two trucks and I’ve never had an issue, but the lack of communication on this is eye opening.
Mine says the same thing and it's with my dealer

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

u are paranoid doesn't mean you aren't
Has anyone else encountered their dealership adding an additional fee called a Dealership Commitment addendum which is pretty much $1500 on top of the MSRP?
I say mark up the copy and add a -$3,000 line item for "customer fear of commitment addendum", sign it and return it

Sponsored

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Haha! Sneaky bastards got me also. Forum members here are sharp, but none of us saw this coming. Our reservations at Tamiami Ford in Naples are now listed as orders, and not with our consent. So much for Ford stating that we can change dealerships till March 19. Not so when your reservations have been hijacked and converted to orders without consent.

No chance I would buy from this ethically challenged dealership. I will keep my other reservation with Granger and that will be the last new Ford I ever purchase. This is a Ford issue, which they could easily fix by telling these dealers who have hijacked reservations to put them back. Ford set the rules for us to play by, but apparently dealers aren't required to follow them. For them not fix this...well, it would be just as expected. IDK, maybe that is why Tesla stock is $800 and Ford is $8, customer focused business Ford? Hello Jeep!

Bronco OUTER BANKS
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Bronco WILDTRAK
In-Store Order

01/20/2021
Order Date
Order Number
Contact Dealer
Pre-Approval Certificate
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

My son called Tamiami Ford today regarding the reservation hijacking. Was put on hold...then hung up on. He then called Ford support...uh, you have to talk to the dealer she says. Son calls Tamiami again, manager Jim answers. Somehow Ford called dealer same time, so now son is on 3-way call with Jim the dealer. Ford support person tells Jim and son she is with Ford corporate and call is being recorded. Son says I want my two reservations re-instated, that we did not consent to the orders placed. Jim says he will take care of it and Ford rep says call her back if no satisfaction. Jim calls my son back later and I was on the call as a 3rd party. Jim gave some song and dance as to how they were helping us with our order, that he cannot change the order back to a reservation blah, blah. He would not commit to changing the order back.

I checked the Ford site and they are still listed as orders. We have not had a chance to call Ford back regarding the dealer's intransigence. Does anyone really believe that the dealers do not know that order banks, and the ability to change reservations closes on March 19th? If this had been a "mistake" why didn't the dealer change the order back to a reservation? For those who don't understand what this means (see other posts same thread), we are locked into whatever price this dealer wants to charge, but more than that, they hijacked the process set up by Ford to we, the customers.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My son called Tamiami Ford today regarding the reservation hijacking. Was put on hold...then hung up on. He then called Ford support...uh, you have to talk to the dealer she says. Son calls Tamiami again, manager Jim answers. Somehow Ford called dealer same time, so now son is on 3-way call with Jim the dealer. Ford support person tells Jim and son she is with Ford corporate and call is being recorded. Son says I want my two reservations re-instated, that we did not consent to the orders placed. Jim says he will take care of it and Ford rep says call her back if no satisfaction. Jim calls my son back later and I was on the call as a 3rd party. Jim gave some song and dance as to how they were helping us with our order, that he cannot change the order back to a reservation blah, blah. He would not commit to changing the order back.

I checked the Ford site and they are still listed as orders. We have not had a chance to call Ford back regarding the dealer's intransigence. Does anyone really believe that the dealers do not know that order banks, and the ability to change reservations closes on March 19th? If this had been a "mistake" why didn't the dealer change the order back to a reservation? For those who don't understand what this means (see other posts same thread), we are locked into whatever price this dealer wants to charge, but more than that, they hijacked the process set up by Ford to we, the customers.
Because I don't think Ford will allow it, once the order was accepted.... it sucks, and sorry for this mishandling by your dealer.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...s-converting-reservations-unexpectedly.11614/

Customer service can turn it back into a reservation.

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 98F0E760-A3AD-4A4F-846D-2E3DD1D75C37

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This whole bronco fiasco has been one shit show after another I feel bad for all the people having to deal with scumbag dealers . I went an ordered mine yesterday in person and had zero issues it should be like this for evryone
Sponsored