Genjuro

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Bronco BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it extremely interesting that your dealer calls you and tells you that parts are a month out when I left a voicemail for my local service manager today and a service advisor called me back within 2 hours to tell me that the parts will be there within 6 days and they want to schedule my car to come in after Christmas.

Dealers are super shady characters.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fip36

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer told me that their mechanic would not be able to perform this kind of service on a manual transmission.
I called a few other dealers and they all seem to be hesitant to take this on.
I visited my service garage for a quick ear-to-the-hood moment and when they heard it was a manual told me it's be 60 days before they could take me and BTW they don't think their guy "ever worked on a manual trans." I booked a January appt with a different service center a few minutes later.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally I'm not too worried, I think the damage to the trans will be minimal with the oil hopefully doing its job, but given the time to get parts I can seem to agree with the dealer getting to hold my Bronco for 6 weeks to then wait a month on top of that for parts.

Of course the other obnoxious part about this is you better get it taken care of while it's cold or its not getting done.
I find it extremely interesting that your dealer calls you and tells you that parts are a month out when I left a voicemail for my local service manager today and a service advisor called me back within 2 hours to tell me that the parts will be there within 6 days and they want to schedule my car to come in after Christmas.

Dealers are super shady characters.
To be fair, it’s a rural dealer in MB, Canada. Some parts on the list have to be brought in from the US and shipping coming north is slower than it used to be. There are a lot of ‘21/22 MT’s out there and only a handful of premature swaps for diagnostic purposes, atleast that’s a good sign

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I read somewhere the approved hours for this repair are possibly not long enough, my guess dealers giving long timelines in hopes we go somewhere else.

The equivalent of the over the top contractor quote for a job that’s too small.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have no good way of uploading it, but here is a screenshot of the whole TSB

817FCD53-1B81-462E-921A-A1E5F8BB8640.jpeg
75D9B8F4-F4FC-479C-9582-AA1C48617BCB.jpeg
Thank you for this. I noticed a slight noise the other day while stopped shortly after leaving the house. The temps have recently been below 40 so I'm guessing I may have the same issue.

Sponsored

Nelson Negron

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is doing the same thing, this is so disheartening. I tried uploading the video with audio but the file is too large.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is doing the same thing, this is so disheartening. I tried uploading the video with audio but the file is too large.
I’m sure it sounds just like mine. Here’s a quick in cabin video, the noise stops when I slightly push the shifter into 6th.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Our experiences with Ford Dealerships that give us the runaround, clearly shows the quality control issues with Ford Motors as a brand..

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I read somewhere the approved hours for this repair are possibly not long enough, my guess dealers giving long timelines in hopes we go somewhere else.

The equivalent of the over the top contractor quote for a job that’s too small.
The approved hours for every warranty job are never enough. Ford always does whatever they can to screw the technicians unfortunately.

Nelson Negron

Badlands
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m sure it sounds just like mine. Here’s a quick in cabin video, the noise stops when I slightly push the shifter into 6th.
Yes! Just like that. Ughhh Mine does not stop when I press anything though.

Sponsored

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That sounds like mine when warming up in the last while. Really glad to see this TSB.

ETA video of sound in mine this evening warming up from -2C, taken as soon as it came off of high idle.

Last edited:

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That’s the loudest clip of the sound I’ve heard. How many miles on your transmission? Mine does it too but not nearly as loud. I’m considering getting an oil sample to send out to Blackstone, you should too. Would be interesting to see if can confirm metals in the oil.

Classic28

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s the loudest clip of the sound I’ve heard. How many miles on your transmission? Mine does it too but not nearly as loud. I’m considering getting an oil sample to send out to Blackstone, you should too. Would be interesting to see if can confirm metals in the oil.
Just hit 1600 today and it has been that loud since picking it up with 26 miles. Crazy thing is is it shifts like butter. No problems with going into gear like a few other members have.