Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What temps are you in? Summer heat? This is unfortunate news.. following.

My bronco is scheduled for D rings next month, I’m considering waiting longer until winter, or requesting E transmission.
50-70s temp range. It's very slight hard to tell unless I'm really crawling in 1st. That's kind of how it started in the beginning though? We will just have to wait and see if it gets worse or not? Not happening during warmup which is the good news. I think I'm just gunna swap to the soft top now that it's nice and roll with it until it's loud again if it gets there.
Sponsored

JC2DR

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base 2dr 2.3 7speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noticed the noise in mine in December. Dealer confirmed just after Christmas and the parts got there last week. All updated revs. I have a great service department to be honest. I brought it in last Tuesday. They were quick to get me a loaner and after my visit to them today they tell me that Wednesday is the day. They also said that if the noise returned they would replace the transmission entirely. Now for me the nois only shows up in cold weather and then goes away after the engine warms. I never heard it once the temps rose above 40º. The thing though is it never affected the drive at all. The shift was always smooth. My concern was always Just how many MT’s do my guys in the service dept get to play with? If I hear the noise again, i may go in for the new transmission but after that I’ll just deal with it. Hopefully it‘s done. I just misS the. Fun of the drive.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Noticed the noise in mine in December. Dealer confirmed just after Christmas and the parts got there last week. All updated revs. I have a great service department to be honest. I brought it in last Tuesday. They were quick to get me a loaner and after my visit to them today they tell me that Wednesday is the day. They also said that if the noise returned they would replace the transmission entirely. Now for me the nois only shows up in cold weather and then goes away after the engine warms. I never heard it once the temps rose above 40º. The thing though is it never affected the drive at all. The shift was always smooth. My concern was always Just how many MT’s do my guys in the service dept get to play with? If I hear the noise again, i may go in for the new transmission but after that I’ll just deal with it. Hopefully it‘s done. I just misS the. Fun of the drive.
Fingers crossed the new parts (hopefully "D" version synchro) address the issue for you.

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just talked to the dealership today. While they have all the parts (including the updated synchros), they ran into a snag with a special tool they don't have available and are having trouble getting. Currently at 3 weeks since I dropped it off... originally they were optimistic it would be a quick-ish turnaround but I'm not surprised that it's not. Hopefully they can get that tool sooner rather than later as I'm currently driving my 'race car' as a daily.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just talked to the dealership today. While they have all the parts (including the updated synchros), they ran into a snag with a special tool they don't have available and are having trouble getting. Currently at 3 weeks since I dropped it off... originally they were optimistic it would be a quick-ish turnaround but I'm not surprised that it's not. Hopefully they can get that tool sooner rather than later as I'm currently driving my 'race car' as a daily.
Same thing happened to me. waited almost 5 months for parts then held up over a tool. They had said 30+ days but took about 3 weeks. They completed my -D synchro upgrade but the noise is already beginning to faintly come back while rolling slow in gear. Might hold up until the weather gets colder but I'm fairly confident it's not resolved on mine.
Better than day 1! Shifting feels so smooth and the shifter seems so stiff.
I'm curious to see if yours slops up? The shift felt so smooth right after repair but I'm definitely feeling it get clunky again. It was so nice right after the repair better than day 1. Honestly was like in my head "so this is what it should have felt like" but less than a week out, roughly 400 miles added and it's quickly losing that crispness.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took mine to the dealer for a diagnosis, parts are now on order, with a tentative date of early July. Some parts are on backorder....probably the new parts. I am going to trust it to work until then.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took mine to the dealer for a diagnosis, parts are now on order, with a tentative date of early July. Some parts are on backorder....probably the new parts. I am going to trust it to work until then.
What type of noise and how loud are you experiencing? Any functional issues with the transmission? This situation is a bummer, not what you want out of a new vehicle. :(

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dropped mine off for some -D love after months of waiting on parts and schedules to line up. Unfortunately, it might be awhile before we get cold temps again to truly hear the grinding

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must be all coming in at the same time. I also got a call this week and have a Monday appt to drop off and have the new tranny installed
Did they give you a part number for the transmission?

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped mine off for some -D love after months of waiting on parts and schedules to line up. Unfortunately, it might be awhile before we get cold temps again to truly hear the grinding
Just got mine back. It took them 2 weeks after me dropping it off (with an appointment for this TSB, so I figured the labor would be allocated) just to get to it, but then it was done in a day. Fired it up when it was 43F this morning, and no noise!

I also never got the paperwork to confirm the -D part number, but the service advisor said they were "updated."

Either way, my plan is just to enjoy it all summer, and get it serviced again in the fall if the noise comes back.

Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1 week after having the -D synchro installed it was 36*F this morning and the scraping was heard during warm up also rolling in 1st, Faintly but it's definitely without a doubt coming back. The feel of the shift also is not as crisp and clean as the day I picked it up from repair. Back to that clunky hard feel. Right after repair it was crisp and soft, and like "OW WOW" not no more. Idk, hard to love something you know isn't performing properly. I'm basically stuck in limbo until it becomes unmistakable again, as the dealer has shown they have no intentions of repeating a repair. That is in combination to 1st grinding out on me once post repair and the entire vehicle bucking another time in 2nd until I let off the gas. None of this seems worth a $50k headache. I'm just imagining years of issues down the line. Ive lost pretty much all pride in this thing. Someone says nice Bronco and I just laugh.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1 week after having the -D synchro installed it was 36*F this morning and the scraping was heard during warm up also rolling in 1st, Faintly but it's definitely without a doubt coming back. The feel of the shift also is not as crisp and clean as the day I picked it up from repair. Back to that clunky hard feel. Right after repair it was crisp and soft, and like "OW WOW" not no more. Idk, hard to love something you know isn't performing properly. I'm basically stuck in limbo until it becomes unmistakable again, as the dealer has shown they have no intentions of repeating a repair. That is in combination to 1st grinding out on me once post repair and the entire vehicle bucking another time in 2nd until I let off the gas. None of this seems worth a $50k headache. I'm just imagining years of issues down the line. Ive lost pretty much all pride in this thing. Someone says nice Bronco and I just laugh.
Sucks for sure. Doesn't matter what your dealer says, it's still under warranty and it will need to be remedied by Ford. Just drive it.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think yours is the only one that had the synchros replaced with -D and the noise has come back. I could be wrong though. I'd take it back and have them do it again or have them install the updated transmission when available. Today is week 3 for me and still no noise. It was 37 degrees overnight.

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think yours is the only one that had the synchros replaced with -D and the noise has come back. I could be wrong though. I'd take it back and have them do it again or have them install the updated transmission when available. Today is week 3 for me and still no noise. It was 37 degrees overnight.
I am definitely not the only one. Read the previous 206 pages. That said i have been requesting a transmission for months including when it started grinding out on 1st and 2nd and was told NO. I have had to get in contact with FORD directly who is monitoring the situation and looking deeper into it but the repair was ineffective, unless they lied about the part they put in and also documented that wrong on the parts list.
Sponsored

Last edited: