Frankie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 23 Badsquatch now at the dealer for the scraping noises. Says they’re trying to get me a new trans rather than replace parts in the current one. Currently have 2000 miles on it but noticed the scraping noise nearly immediately. Maybe second or third day I had it.
Sponsored

Brok3nBronco

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jade Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just a thought. It's synchro 5&6 right. What if it's only highway driving that contributes to the worsening symptom? After having TSB and knowing all the noises and signs what I have noticed is I have had 4 50+ mile drives last couple days and I'm for noticing the increase in symptoms after those longer drives.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a thought. It's synchro 5&6 right. What if it's only highway driving that contributes to the worsening symptom? After having TSB and knowing all the noises and signs what I have noticed is I have had 4 50+ mile drives last couple days and I'm for noticing the increase in symptoms after those longer drives.
My noise did not start for some time into mileage. In my case its 1 / 2 more that anything else, do not hear it at highway speeds, not saying its not there but with all the wind noise and such I do not hear it. It happens on cold mornings, cool mornings or warm mornings, temperature does not matter. I hear it after a longer drive, stopping for a bit then starting up again, I hear it after sitting at a stop light for that brief moment, temperature makes no difference. It is not loud my any stretch of the imagination, its just there.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blackrose falls again.

Around 50 this morning and I did hear a little scraping in 1st. Oh well, it survived the trip to Moab, not too worried any more and can ride it out longer.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Blackrose falls again.

Around 50 this morning and I did hear a little scraping in 1st. Oh well, it survived the trip to Moab, not too worried any more and can ride it out longer.
Are you on the revised D-synchros? Pretty sure you mentioned it back in this thread, but can't find it.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No, still all original. About to turn 13k.

Right on! I'm right around the same mileage. Mine makes noise under 50*F, but is silent otherwise.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My noise did not start for some time into mileage. In my case its 1 / 2 more that anything else, do not hear it at highway speeds, not saying its not there but with all the wind noise and such I do not hear it. It happens on cold mornings, cool mornings or warm mornings, temperature does not matter. I hear it after a longer drive, stopping for a bit then starting up again, I hear it after sitting at a stop light for that brief moment, temperature makes no difference. It is not loud my any stretch of the imagination, its just there.
Mine started after getting home from the dealer. Temps do not matter. Really hear it going slow in a parking lot. Nothing like people giving thumbs up then rattling on by.

Seems like the D rings fix the issue. Now to find a dealer I can trust. A terrible big dealer bought a few dealerships out so that narrows it a bit. Have not owned a Ford for over 30 years. Certainly not off to a good start.,

AaronTV

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Kia Stinger GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That wouldn't explain its presence on brand new vehicles with 9 miles on the odometer (like mine had).

Sponsored

DBadlands

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco 2 Dr, ‘68 Mercury Cougar, ‘68 F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought my Bronco used with 2k miles on it and took delivery after the transmission rebuild. Not sure what parts went in but I am over a thousand miles and still no issues. Time will tell. Has the seven year Blue Advantage Certified Used vehicle warranty so I should be okay even if issues arise.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Blackrose falls again.

Same here, sometimes I can hear it slightly going from first to second going slow. Temp doesn't matter. Otherwise drives fine, all original. Will have to wait until this fall to get the repairs done.

Fred A

Black Diamond
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would be happy if FORD just acknowledged it and informed the dealers so when we walk in there we all get the same answer. Right now mines had additional issues on top of the noise but the dealer standing firm that they won't look into a replacement transmission meanwhile I have 210 pages of individuals who have had 2 or 3. I was told by the dealer " what do you think we just replace transmission cause any little noise" I said there is a TSB and it failed to address the issues and the noise is coming back.
Agree. Ford is a complete joke. I've been waiting for the parts for the fix for months. I was at the dealer last week for top end noise for my Raptor (TSB issued, parts back ordered). Service writer says oh by the way the parts are in for your Bronco. I ask her are they the "C" or "D" synchros. She says the C. I say that won't work we want the D's. She says let's put in the C's, have the transmission fail again and then we'll have leverage with Ford to order a new transmission. Is this insanity or what?

Quickly losing all faith in Ford. Does the new rainbow Ranger Raptor have these problems too?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in Feb, had TSB done...but with "C" syncros (D's weren't designed/released yet). Now at dealer for version E tyranny install.

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back in Feb, had TSB done...but with "C" syncros (D's weren't designed/released yet). Now at dealer for version E tyranny install.
I believe we are all waiting to hear that there is a 100% success rate from the pioneers who have had the E Tranny or D Syncro installed , otherwise it's back to the drawing board. Until that happens, it's a waste of time and effort to bring it in for service.
Sponsored