First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I suspect most people who have had the TSB performed haven't had the issue return.

But obviously it's hard to tell. The issue is if the problem goes away, people just move on and forget about it and never follow-up. If people have the issue return, they're likely to jump online and talk about it. Makes it really hard to tell the success rate of this TSB fix.

Myself personally... issue has been fixed and everything has been great. But given some people have had the issue return I think it is reasonable to just stick it out until you are nearing the end of your factory warranty.
How many miles since TSB was performed?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many miles since TSB was performed?
Well, thought I could just look up the video I did on it, but apparently I blurred out the mileage while I was blurring my personal info. So... not sure.

It's definitely under 10,000 miles, as I've only done a single oil change since then.

Last edited:

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got the rig back. Fresh synchros, fresh fluids, fresh CSC… and a few other items during its 20 day visit.

Reset the km counter and we go again! Second times gotta be good luck, right?

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the rig back. Fresh synchros, fresh fluids, fresh CSC… and a few other items during its 20 day visit.

Reset the km counter and we go again! Second times gotta be good luck, right?
Let's hope!

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mine's been in the shop since 3FEB. The noise had been steadily getting louder and I broke and took it in.
No word on when they will be finished with it. They were hoping for last week.

Sponsored

Artorias Akai

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just taking on my experience and it's not a good one. I picked up my Bronco 16Feb2023 and instantly heard the grinding noise. It isn't very loud, most noticeable when pulling itself in 1st & 2nd gear and slowing down. The engine noise drowns it out when accelerating. I was able to get an appointment at a Ford dealer on 20Feb2023. I described the issue and referenced the TSB.

At first, they told me the tech could not duplicate the problem. So I showed up and asked if I could drive and have the tech ride with me. I was able to get them to hear the noise by just pulling itself in 1st and driving around some. Today, I am told that they have no idea what to do. They told me that the way I drive was a concern. IDK how pulling itself in 1st or 2nd on flat pavement is a concern. There was also a disagreement on the description of the noise. I describe it as a grinding noise and they say it's not, it's more of a rattle. I was also told that they could not diagnose my issue until they got a similar Bronco in to compare. Telling me that if they both made the same noise, then it was not a problem and considered normal operation. I asked how it made sense to compare two things that have a known issue, enough to have a TSB, and if they match. Then it's normal and not a problem.

I have no idea why my concern is being dismissed. Especially when the problem I having is in line with the TSB. I just find it funny that a tech is saying a rattle/grinding noise from a trans is normal.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just taking on my experience and it's not a good one. I picked up my Bronco 16Feb2023 and instantly heard the grinding noise. It isn't very loud, most noticeable when pulling itself in 1st & 2nd gear and slowing down. The engine noise drowns it out when accelerating. I was able to get an appointment at a Ford dealer on 20Feb2023. I described the issue and referenced the TSB.

At first, they told me the tech could not duplicate the problem. So I showed up and asked if I could drive and have the tech ride with me. I was able to get them to hear the noise by just pulling itself in 1st and driving around some. Today, I am told that they have no idea what to do. They told me that the way I drive was a concern. IDK how pulling itself in 1st or 2nd on flat pavement is a concern. There was also a disagreement on the description of the noise. I describe it as a grinding noise and they say it's not, it's more of a rattle. I was also told that they could not diagnose my issue until they got a similar Bronco in to compare. Telling me that if they both made the same noise, then it was not a problem and considered normal operation. I asked how it made sense to compare two things that have a known issue, enough to have a TSB, and if they match. Then it's normal and not a problem.

I have no idea why my concern is being dismissed. Especially when the problem I having is in line with the TSB. I just find it funny that a tech is saying a rattle/grinding noise from a trans is normal.
Lemberg Law Group is investigating the issue that most of us are having with our Broncos.
You can click on the following link for more info:
What Should You Do if Your 2021-2023 Ford Bronco has Noise-Related Transmission Issues?

https://lemberglaw.com/ford-bronco-transmission-grinding-problem/

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TSB has been updated to 24-2042
Nothing really changed other than the addition of MY24. Which basically means that Ford is aware the concern is still happening and the AB transmission hasn't fixed the concern.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s been 2 years. And 30k miles. I’ve had this noise since day 1 and never had an issue. If you want the noise to go away then go to a mustang forum bcuz they use specific trans fluid that will stop the noise. If I’m not lazy today I will try to look it up and post it here.

Sponsored

Artorias Akai

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just came back from picking it up. They told me that because the noise isn't loud enough to hear over the engine noise under acceleration.

"This is an acceptable operating condition caused by the contact pattern of these gears."
per: "PINPOINT TEST N: TRANSMISSION RATTLE NOISE - NOISE OCCURS IN 1ST AND 2ND GEAR ON LIGHT ACCELERATION"

I feel like they are playing semantics with the words rattle/scraping/grinding.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is there any machinists here on the forum? I think if someone who knows this kind of stuff could tear down a manual transmission and diagnose the cause could probably make a permanent fix I would think...

Artorias Akai

Badlands
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From what I understand, there is a fix. It's either replace the 5th & 6th synchro gears or replace the trans with a new one that has a different part# than the original. The problem is that this doesn't always work. I think for some reason, there is a mix of the troubled parts. Leading to the issue not being fixed.

Off road enthusiast

Badlands
First Name
Agi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Li
It’s been 2 years. And 30k miles. I’ve had this noise since day 1 and never had an issue. If you want the noise to go away then go to a mustang forum bcuz they use specific trans fluid that will stop the noise. If I’m not lazy today I will try to look it up and post it here.
I already tried the BG Synchro shift II, which is used by many Mustang owners for the rattle noise, but it had zero effect.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From what I understand, there is a fix. It's either replace the 5th & 6th synchro gears or replace the trans with a new one that has a different part# than the original. The problem is that this doesn't always work. I think for some reason, there is a mix of the troubled parts. Leading to the issue not being fixed.
Well let's be real. Your's is post # 3884 of an ongoing 259 page thread. Sooo....not really going to call that a "fix".
Sponsored