First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve been shocked at just how many people expect a higher end luxury experience out of a purpose built utility rig.
Just because you add $30k of options to a $32k vehicle does not make it in the same category as a $60k base vehicle.

Bronco is within a couple thousand of a Mustang. Adding 20-30k of options to a Mustang does not make one a BMW either.

My Bronco is easilly as nice as my last Mustang, or my Wife's F-150. Maybe not as well thought out as an Expedition, but I hated driving the Expy on anything but long road trips.
Sponsored

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perfect. One less person I’m in line behind for the next one
But you may also have a piece of shit Bronco and have to be going back and forth to the dealership drinking the coffee they provide in the waiting area. You ok with that ?

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
I love the truck, but there are too many electrical gremlins, the result of being rushed into production. Sometimes it won't start, sometimes it won't release the gawdawful ebrake that I didn't set, the infotainment screen locks up, and there are always new codes popping up in Forscan that haven't set a CEL but indicate other issues.

Last edited:

wlschroder

Badlands
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Overall, I love my truck. But...there is always a but...

The soft top squeaks and rattles something fierce. Yea, it's an off road truck but the build quality on the roof is horrible.

brianbrn

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
zero issues. 20,000 miles. it's an off road vehicle, not a luxury car. i've been to moab, all over colorado, and just got back from big bend. i use it as intended and have not had a single issue with any kind of quality. if there was an issue, i would have seen it already as a lot of those miles are off road and rough. it's been well used off road and nothing has failed. besides the pin striping and random dents from rocks it's the most solid vehicle i've ever owned.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Bronco sucks, and is all kinds of fail and am willing to let mine go for eleventy hundred dollars !!

AZBADLNZ

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero regrets. Waited 741 days and I am very happy with the Bronco. Badlands 4 door SAS 2.7 Lux leather and tow package. Took it on a two week 4000 mile road trip with our 3 teenage granddaughters and it was a very comfortable ride. Is the wind noise loud at times, yes the gauge configuration could use some improvements and the inside lighting could be better there is no perfect vehicle for everyone. I’m 65 retired and it is a great adventure vehicle for my wife and myself.

robbob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure I have regrets:
I regret that I have already put 8500 miles on it since I picked it up in August. Picking it up in Granger IA and driving it home to Washington State might have something to do with that. But I don't regret the road trip. Wifey and I had a great time and took a whole week getting home.
I regreted not parking it far away and all by itself in the parking lot at work after I got my first door ding.
I regret not opting for zero deductible on glass replacement. Like many others, my windshield split in half last week after a rock hit it.
I regret not ordering a Bronco Sport for wifey. She always wants to drive my li'l mule whenever a snowflake appears.
Other than that, no regrets whatsoever. It puts a smile on my face every time I climb into it.
And I get asked at least once a week, by a complete stranger, about how I like the new Bronco.
'22 BD 2-door base with the big engine. Firetruck (Race) Red.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have had a failure this past week, the damn windshield wiper pump gave out... and in only 55,000 miles... So unacceptable. It's going to cost me $16.95 for a replacement!

@Ford Motor Company, can you help me get my dealer to replace my 1 year old windshield wiper washer pump for free... 😂. Quick... I will send you my VIN number if you need it!

Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure I have regrets:

I regret not ordering a Bronco Sport for wifey. She always wants to drive my li'l mule whenever a snowflake appears.
The wifely one had her Sport before we got the big Bronco, after seeing a test mule out in the wild and talking to the driver. Ordered one straight away, had in it about 3 months and now it's 40k+ miles and a couple road trips. Now we hop between the 2. We love them both.

Save The Manuals

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was originally wild track but I changed from that to Badlands. I liked the vinyl seats and washout floor but I'm bummed I missed out on the HOSS 3.0 by going from WT to BL.

While not a huge deal the manual seat switch, with BL, despite having LUX was sort of a bummer. But also I've had electric seats before and I've also cursed those for being so slow. So I suppose that sort of cancels things out.

Also I think it's dumb BL doesn't have Sport mode. I plan on fixing that with FORScan but it's still dumb that I have to do it. Not really a regret but there are days where I wish I would have stuck with the WT.

But if I went with a WT I'd be bummed I didn't have vinyl seats and washout floor which came in handy today when I washed the truck out.

Regrets about getting a bronco and waiting nearly two years for it? Not at all.

I just received my BL and on quick glance it looks like the floor drains drip down onto skid plates / underbody panels. Did you notice any issues?

Michaeleb

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I regret that someone on the design team thought having the windows move down and up as a condition to a successful door cycle, was a good idea. This small regret intensifies during spells of frozen precipitation.

Gramd

Big Bend
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 66 Chevy ll
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I regret that someone on the design team thought having the windows move down and up as a condition to a successful door cycle, was a good idea. This small regret intensifies during spells of frozen precipitation.
My 04 Infiniti g35 has the frameless windows, but if they are frozen, or the battery is dead you can still open and close the door! Bad design having the windows hang up on a lip. If the broncos windows are all frozen you could climb in thru the back I suppose
Sponsored