Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Occasionally I'd like a little more room, but no regrets with the 2 door. I lived with a CJ-7 for 13 years, so I figure I can make the 2 door work for regular DD usage. With my son grown and out of the house, I really don't need any more space than I have.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford only offered the 6G as a 4-dr, I never would have owned one. Broncos have 2-drs. The design and styling is perfect. The biggest plus for me was the longer doors and the B-Pillar being further back. It creates a much roomier cabin experience.

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Ford only offered the 6G as a 4-dr, I never would have owned one. Broncos have 2-drs. The design and styling is perfect. The biggest plus for me was the longer doors and the B-Pillar being further back. It creates a much roomier cabin experience.
I totally agree. Iā€™m still waiting on my 2 door.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I totally agree. Iā€™m still waiting on my 2 door.
Hate to use the cliche, but it is worth the wait. I could have had a Moar Door at any time (an AMB OBX Moar Door was offered to me last October).

Now, I recognize the practicality that the Moar Door offers for others. But I'm not constrained by having to accommodate kids.

Sponsored

TxBronc

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 bronco,2006 Tacoma,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t have any kids and rarely have more than one person with me. Iā€™ll take the Tacoma if I need more room. I donā€™t really like 4 door trucks.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No way, no how would I ever consider the 4 door. I get that so many people like/need all that, but my Bronco LOOKS like what I always knew a Bronco should look like. I think itā€™s a tragedy that the specialty models only come in a 4 door. They will phase out the 2 door in a couple of years - like they did with the Tahoe/Yukon in the 90ā€™s. Then I will have a truly unique Bronco. Iā€™m glad youā€™re happy with your bus length, station wagon shaped Bronco, but I will NEVER regret getting MY Bronco.

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, 4 door all the way. I have smaller kids and we only have 2 cars so the bronco gets used enough. I remember growing up and my parents having a 2 door, moving the seat around everytime and climbing back there.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My only regret was buying into this dangling carrot. Had I known 825 days ago I'd still be waiting, I would have placed my order for a JLUR at 5% below Invoice and never looked back.

But at this point I'm so vested and have 6k worth of Bronco armor sitting in my garage to give up...so All I can do if continue to get more and more pissed at Ford.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No. I would absolutely hate driving a 4-door with the B-pillar jabbing me in the shoulder all the time.
Iā€™m 6ā€™4ā€ and 320#, built like a lineman. I sat in a 4 door in the showroom, once was enough. I immediately noticed the B pillar in my shoulder and the shorter doors were not as easy to get in and out of.

How does a B-pillar Jab you lol
Im 6'6" and have the seat all the way back and have never touched the B pillar

On another note- No way I would want a 2 door but I think they look cool
6'6" here as well, and north of 300#. No issues with the B pillar here either. I actually find my Bronco one of the most comfortable vehicles I have ever owned.
Do you guys recline the seat at all, or is it vertical? I recline mine a bit to get away from the steering wheel and stretch my arms out. If I reclined the seat closer to vertical the pillar might not be an issue on the 4 door. The shorter doors would still suck.

2 door here, no regrets on size but coming from a higher trim subaru the bronco is like going backwards in refinement and ride comfort. The bronco is a "truck"!

Been camping/hunting/fishing/backpacking all my life, if the 2 door is too small for 2 people, you're taking too much stuff!

If you have young kids then 2 door would be too small. No young kids, get the 2 door.

The b-pillar on 2 door is farther back than on 4 door. I'm 6'1" and cannot ride with arm out in 4 door. Arm out on 2 door is super comfy, lots of arm room.

To my eye the 2 door looks better on tall skinny non-sasquatch tires. And the 4 door looks better on chunky sasquatch tires.

I think it's fun to see the variety!
I agree with the 2 door being comfortable to rest my arm on the door.

Yes, I agree with all of this. I wouldnā€™t have bothered if there was only a 4 door.

The 2 door is much smaller than the four FSBā€™s Iā€™ve owned, which were full size trucks compared to this midsize platform. My back seats are going to have to go for out trip to NH and VT next week, but my wife and I donā€™t have any brats so we donā€™t need the rear seats.

Sponsored

A51Asheville

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Sas Mid Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No regrets about my 4 door. 6'3" 300+ and I never feel squished in the 4 door. Plenty of room to bring the pups along and have passengers in the back.

DawgRaptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I reserved and ordered a two door badlands because I like the traditional Bronco look. After I started seeing some in person, I realized the four door may be a better option, although I didn't like the styling as much. Then I got the opportunity to convert to a Raptor and jumped on the opportunity. I'm 3-5 days away from delivery and I am excited about getting the Raptor. Plus, I have an old FJ40 to satisfy my 2-door stick shift cravings.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No way, no how would I ever consider the 4 door. I get that so many people like/need all that, but my Bronco LOOKS like what I always knew a Bronco should look like. I think itā€™s a tragedy that the specialty models only come in a 4 door. They will phase out the 2 door in a couple of years - like they did with the Tahoe/Yukon in the 90ā€™s. Then I will have a truly unique Bronco. Iā€™m glad youā€™re happy with your bus length, station wagon shaped Bronco, but I will NEVER regret getting MY Bronco.
As long as Jeep makes a 2 door Wrangler I think the proper Bronco is safe. My current plan is to order another Bronco when they announce the manual trans is being dropped. Iā€™m not sure when that will be, but it will happen. Moving forward Iā€™ll want a fresh copy 2 door manual.

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4-door here, no regrets. I have a dog who LOVES riding in the back seat, and if I had a 2-door, getting her in and out would be a lot more difficult.

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have mine yet (was suppose to be here by today!! But got pushed back in transit two weeks!!!) but coming from owning many Jeeps I have similar thoughts about 2 vs 4. Originally I ordered a 2 door because at the time I was in an extremely modded 2 door JK. Back then I came to Florida from the north east with a lot of rock crawling, narrow city streets, tight parking, etc so the 2 door was great. And to be honest I never liked the look of 4 door Jeeps. For the longest time I kind of hated em. When I moved to Florida and realized rock crawling isn't a thing down here, theres so much more room around the streets, barely any tight parking and started looking at 4 doors driving around more often while out and about and kind of appreciated the look with different eyes. I ended up trading the JK for a BMW M2 Competition (hated it) and a few months later test drove a 4 door JKU and actually loved it, so got it and got rid of the BMW. The more I drove the 4 door more I liked it. After weighing out the pros and cons of 2 vs 4 I decided to change my order to a 4 door Bronco. Personally after seeing both in person I like the look of the 4 better (esp on 37s!!!). If I was still up north and still planning on rock crawling up there and being around the city I may not have changed but for daily life, the extra room is GREAT. Throw the seats down and top off and you pretty much have a pickup with the amount of crap you can haul. Which came in handy during a recent move into a house.

TLDR: If you want extra room get the 4 door, if you don't think you'd need it get the 2 door. Both are awesome in my opinion and whichever you get I'm sure you'll grow to love it either way. And it may surprise which one you end up enjoying more. It surprised me I eventually liked a JKU over a JK

EDIT ADDING: Both are REAL Broncos, don't let anyone tell you any different. The whole 2 vs 4 keyboard warrior debate is pretty stale and tbh kind of played out. It's been going on in the jeep world for decades now and is always such an immature argument. Lets let those who got their 2 or 4 enjoy them and not crap on their Broncos just to make ourselves feel better about what we like. To each their own. šŸ¤˜
Sponsored

Last edited: