Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is my take on the situation:

The dealer has deep pockets, and by playing up whatever missteps the OP may have made, can essentially make his life a living hell, costing him a lot of time/money or worse ... even if nothing in the end came of any court actions. I am sure that was made aware to him in so many words.

On the other hand, the dealer does not want a boatload of continuing bad publicity, nor does Ford. I'm sure there was some discussion in that regard between those parties.

The dealership could not simply cave and give the OP his delivered Bronco at MSRP right now. That would be clearly admitting misdeeds on the part of the dealer. Probably Ford would not want that move either, as it would set a precedent for other such occurrences.

Also if the dealership caved and gave OP the vehicle, then he could potentially turn around and read them the riot act afterward, because they would lose the leverage of them having Broncos and OP not. So Instead, by indicating the OP will get a Bronco from the dealership "at some future date", that helps provide the leverage and keeps a shorter leash to incentivize the OP to be a good boy.

For the record, I don't necessary blame the OP for being a good boy at this point, given the likely pressure brought to bear against him, and threat (legally/monetarily) that could happen to him.

But overall the whole thing reeks and is unfortunate.
I'm so confused, so does DCH earn this award or not? :unsure:

5r2ksb-jpg.jpg

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
The low rating reviews have reasons why they were left. If people want to edit them over this outcome its up to them. How will DCH deal with their next Bronco order?

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From what I understand, reviews can't be removed on Google, only edited?
the 1 star reviews should be edited, remove any text, change to 3 stars, the 5 star reviews should equally lose their text and be edited to 3 stars.

I deleted my rampage on them and changed mine to 3 stars. Clearly sherminator getting the rest of us to go along is part of the deal. There is clearly more than meets the eye here, but let's all be nice to our community member and do what he has asked us to do.

nikkgmm

Badlands
First Name
Nikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If anything this has inspired me to go to my dealership to get a thoroughly written out agreement on not charging me ADM. My build date is Nov. 27th and my salesman has been pretty clear (and really cool) about not charging me a markup, but I want proof just in case I have to move dealerships due to a unfortunate deus ex machina event possibility.

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is best way to sum it up.

Thank you.
Scott, I am happy that you guys have reached a fair resolution that both parties can agree on. I am going to take my negative reviews off now or bring them up to a three-star :).

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is my take on the situation:

The dealer has deep pockets, and by playing up whatever missteps the OP may have made, can essentially make his life a living hell, costing him a lot of time/money or worse ... even if nothing in the end came of any court actions. I am sure that was made aware to him in so many words.

On the other hand, the dealer does not want a boatload of continuing bad publicity, nor does Ford. I'm sure there was some discussion in that regard between those parties.

The dealership could not simply cave and give the OP his delivered Bronco at MSRP right now. That would be clearly admitting misdeeds on the part of the dealer. Probably Ford would not want that move either, as it would set a precedent for other such occurrences.

Also if the dealership caved and gave OP the vehicle, then he could potentially turn around and read them the riot act afterward, because they would lose the leverage of them having Broncos and OP not. So Instead, by indicating the OP will get a Bronco from the dealership "at some future date", that helps provide the leverage and keeps a shorter leash to incentivize the OP to be a good boy.

For the record, I don't necessary blame the OP for being a good boy at this point, given the likely pressure brought to bear against him, and threat (legally/monetarily) that could happen to him.

But overall the whole thing reeks and is unfortunate.
I think this has to be it.

OP got a scary ass lawyer letter and has to convince himself he's not getting screwed twice.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what we all really want to know is if the OP will get his Bronco before or after he would have if he had went with Granger in the first place.

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The way I see it is that the OP lived up to his end of the bargain by apologizing and asking for the reviews to be removed. There can't be any reasonable expectation for anything else to happen because the OP has no ability to personally change those reviews. In other words, there is no way you could draft an agreement for this new purchase based on these reviews being removed. Let the DCH keep their mark of shame.

Sponsored

mandyhoth

Outer Banks
First Name
Mandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explore
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bad review removed👍🏻 Glad you were able to work something out. Bummer you can’t have this bronco but hopefully you have something just as great or better in the works. If you’re happy with the outcome then all is well.

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a successful community response. Granted, I haven't read through the large number of comments on either thread.

OP
OP
Sherminiator

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP got a scary ass lawyer letter and has to convince himself he's not getting screwed twice.
No we did better then that-I had a conversation with the GM and we spoke like men to one another and fixed the issue at hand over the phone. No lawyer or anything like that.

I'm as happy as I can be given to what happened and plan on using this as a teachable moment for other people and give guidance to them if it happens to them. That is the least I can do for the community.

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There it is.

They threatened legal action (maybe for the door, probably for the call to action seeking negative Google reviews) and he agreed to back off so they could lose heat and go back to being scumbags.

Sorry bro, you got the short end of the stick here. That blows and I hope they at least prioritized your order so the next wait isn't as long.
If this is the case more bad reviews dhc stealership is the Worst I have come across

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If anything this has inspired me to go to my dealership to get a thoroughly written out agreement on not charging me ADM. My build date is Nov. 27th and my salesman has been pretty clear (and really cool) about not charging me a markup, but I want proof just in case I have to move dealerships due to a unfortunate deus ex machina event possibility.
Have they in writing per your request?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.