Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you have an alignment done on it already (judging from the marks)? Was there a reason?
no alignment that I know of unless the dealer did something. What marks are you looking at? The grass ones?

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Maybe some of the tie rods were made by the same company that made the 2.7 valves

Hey man, Wish app had some massive deals and promised ford supply so they couldn’t pass it up

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
no alignment that I know of unless the dealer did something. What marks are you looking at? The grass ones?
The paint marks on the tie rod. Green line doesn't line up and looks like it was crossed out with a pink marker. I would guess the green line was the factory marking when the alignment was originally done and another alignment done after. I could be wrong, maybe someone with factory knowledge knows how this works. The bent tie rod is interesting too. Maybe it was bent before, under stress, and finally just gave up the ghost.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Were you completely stopped when turning the wheels? Looks like a squatch with wide tires. Lots of friction there if not rolling forward or backward while turning.
Ok - if we can’t turn while stopped, how the hell do we parallel park?

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
oh I see sorry for being defensive!!! That’s a thought but no one else has driven it except me and the dealer?
What about that parking lot attendant? :)

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] FerrisBuellerParkin

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
yes I was! but I don’t have sas. I’ve got the 33 inch stock tires on the BD. Maybe that was the problem?
Might have been a combination of being completely stopped and turning right on the edge of the concrete.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The paint marks on the tie rod. Green line doesn't line up and looks like it was crossed out with a pink marker. I would guess the green line was the factory marking when the alignment was originally done and another alignment done after. I could be wrong, maybe someone with factory knowledge knows how this works. The bent tie rod is interesting too. Maybe it was bent before, under stress, and finally just gave up the ghost.
I think you maybe on the right track. Mine has the factory green paint I am assuming to show if anything moved during assembly.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I look at every bronco I see that's parked to see if they've upgraded/etc their tie rods. I've yet to ever see any paint pen marks on any of them, including my own.

Sponsored

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is nuts. I have the tie rod sleeves from JKS and haven’t installed them yet. I know what I’m doing this weekend. Hell I’m considering the Fabtechs now.

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exactly when has anyone considered a Dana 30 a "real front axle"?

Back to the topic at hand,
That's rather insane. Even with wider tires, without a lift, I wouldn't expect any kind of excess stress to be put on the inner tie rod. 33s aren't that much bigger than stock tires. There has to be more to this. Whether the OP knows it or not, someone has to have done something dumb to the Bronc at some point.
Or maybe we have yet another recall in the future...
I agree with you!! I think it’s kind of weird that the tie rods would be completely fine off roading but then suddenly after a trip to the dealer break? Seems kind of suspicious

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thats what I’m thinking must’ve happened but this is the concrete slab in question:

Ford Bronco Tie rod just snapped while turning around in driveway [Update: Replaced Under Warranty] FerrisBuellerParkin

If tie rods are snapping under as little stress than this then I don’t even know what to say :ROFLMAO:
Man, that is a HUGE drop. Super dangerous

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that is very interesting!!! Very interesting indeed. I’m going to look at my other tie rod and see
Sponsored