First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2020 Range Rover Velar SV R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No regrets here. 22 BD 4 dr 2.7 with the hard top. I don't understand the build quality issues. Nothing cheezy on mine. Yeah, there's plastic on the inside, but plastic was also evident on my F150 Limited, and my Ram 1500 Limited before that. Hell there was even a lot of cheezy looking plastic on the interior of a late model Corvette I out of curiosity sat in a while ago.
Wind noise is there, but completely liveable. Is it a quiet cush ride like the old lady's hot rod Range Rover Velar SVR; of course not, but I'm not going to compare a 6 figure vehicle to the Bronco. Thats crazy. The Bronco rides great, doesn't wander like all 3 Jeeps we've had did, and is considerably quieter, particularly at highway speeds. And surprisingly it gets 20 MPG and change driving around here, and on the highway, even at speeds of 70 mph.
I'm aware of the possible issues with the hard top, which have not manifested on mine, nor have the rattles I read about, but there aren't any vehicles that have no potential issues. I've owned quite a few over the years from 7 different auto manufacturers.
The Bronco is a great vehicle. Ford's rollout was terrible, but thats a different topic.
Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you drive nothing but 3/4 & 1 ton vehicles for the most part, hell even half ton trucks, this rides much nicer. It is an off road truck. Quitcherbitchin’

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP. “the CEO of Ford has come out and said quality terrible.”

Citation needed.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't call my dog a thing please. ;)

Thing is one of the most benign things I’ve called my dog in the past … event dependent of course. All said with love of course

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
First off, I'm sorry you're not happy with your truck. I know these things are pricey, and with the resale values dropping to MSRP it's quite possible you won't get back what you paid for it, much less any mods you did to it. But....

So many people bought the Bronco for the "cool factor", and I don't think they've ever really driven a Ford truck. I've had 3 rangers (83, 87, 00) and driven my Dad's 1970 F100 and his 16 F150. Ford trucks are not Toyotas or Chevys. They're serviceable without the higher fit and finish of other brands. I wouldn't accept paint overspray on a Chevy or Toyota or cheaper plastics that would make an AMC concerned. But I've come to expect it out of Ford.

Tailgate noise? How big of a tyre did you mount on your alloy gate?
Transmission noise? Well, Ford said it's an issue and is swapping them out.
Roof noise? Have you ridden in a FIAT Jeep? The same company makes the roof, and they sound comparable at speed.

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do hate goat modes.....
I would have preferred if there was at least a goat that appeared on the screen when you switched. At least for the Rock Climbing.

Ford Bronco Regrets jhnc60

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have regrets buying their Bronco? I def do. Love the cool factor but thats about it. Build quality is of the charts terrible.
E9100640-E194-4F4E-9E21-52EA62DE55EF.jpeg

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 GT500’s FGT MACH I Z8
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford trucks are not Toyotas or Chevys. They're serviceable without the higher fit and finish of other brands. I wouldn't accept paint overspray on a Chevy or Toyota or cheaper plastics that would make an AMC concerned. But I've come to expect it out of Ford.
Ironic. I must be extremely lucky because My Ford products outshine any Chevy I have owned or driven and equal the fitment and sturdiness of any Toyota I have been acquainted with.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No regrets at all... so much better than the old Broncos...

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So for the original question-no regerts at all!

But let's have a think about this. Ford has brought us a new generation of Bronco that is more capable, more economical, more comfortable, with better sound systems and creature comforts in even the base level, and you can spec the thing with all manner of options right from the factory. As a bonus, Ford has made it easily customizable and has even published a document showing you where the wires are, where they can be easily fished through. If you expected the same boring Toyota that every other Toyota owner has, or maybe a Land Rover, yeah you might be disappointed.

I was for a short while considering getting a Defender before the Bronco was unveiled and that was all done for the Defender. Oh, and the first Defender I saw in the wild was sporting a big strip of duct tape holding the a-pillar trim on.

Now I know the world is upside down-cloth seats are standard and vinyl is an upgrade? Crazy!

UniBronc

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F550, 12 F550, 13 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
No regrets at all on mine(2 door base Sas).

I come from Super Duties and feel quality is just fine. Now I do grumble about the carpet(it holds dog fur amazingly well...) but the things I'd change are minor & more my preferences.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just installed my hitch and Ford bug thingy, tint and mats. 600 plus miles and 17.5 MPG. No second guess here. Just wondering what else besides Ford dual exhaust to spend the Ford pass points on.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The noise from the back meaning the tailgate noise, this is a known issue, the removable top noise meaning the front portion, this is a known issue, The manual trans noise which many have had the transmissions replaced which is a known issue, On top of that the CEO of Ford has come out and said quality terrible.
You have all these issues or just stating random issues? Besides some scratches on the door sill that got fixed today I have 0 issues with mine.
Sponsored