Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@PSUTE let em all cancel. If they are that impatient they prolly weren't gonna get one in the first place. I don't know why everybody is getting so damn emotional about it.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

MOOOOOVVVVIN ONNN UPPPPP
Ehh, looks like at least a 7/16 or later reservation. May not of even made the cut for a MY21 anyway.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ehh, looks like at least a 7/16 or later reservation. May not of even made the cut for a MY21 anyway.
I know but it has become my canned response to all the people that cancel. I'm a very early morning 7/14 reservation. I hope everybody that cancels is a 2 door with a 2.7 V6 so my options will definitely be in the supply chain.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
@PSUTE let em all cancel. If they are that impatient they prolly weren't gonna get one in the first place. I don't know why everybody is getting so damn emotional about it.
Yep. Kind of like being a bitter ex on their part. If you've had one you know exactly what I'm saying...

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. Kind of like being a bitter ex on their part. If you've had one you know exactly what I'm saying...
Yep, that's when I figured out the joy of caller ID.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, that's when I figured out the joy of caller ID.
...and not setting up a message service on the cell phone. I have a phone for my convenience. Not yours. If you're feeling lucky, call me and I might answer. If I know you I'll call you back. If not....

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's a video I just saw with an opinion on reservations. He had a few comments about Granger as well.
I disagree with most everything this guy says. First of all, if he knew anything about the Bronco ordering process, he would know that “hurrying up and paying his $500 deposit” is not going to guarantee a 21MY order. He could have ordered on March 19th, and got the same result. Good luck to him though... ?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

beaglebronco

First Edition
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda pilot
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
To my surprise, I find out that my original dealer, Russell & Smith Ford in Houston, has placed an order using my reservation. They never contacted me. I think they thought that they'd somehow strong-arm me one way or another by locking in my order.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Wow, I am so glad that I changed my order. They are super close to me, but I decided to go with the Texas Buyers Group after that deal was put together. Super shady what R&S did to you, not fair at all.

Sponsored

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know but it has become my canned response to all the people that cancel. I'm a very early morning 7/14 reservation. I hope everybody that cancels is a 2 door with a 2.7 V6 so my options will definitely be in the supply chain.
Supply chain? There will be no inventory. Built for you! I'm in Clarksville, you?

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Supply chain? There will be no inventory. Built for you! I'm in Clarksville, you?
Decatur, bout halfway between Knoxville and Chatt.

MishMashBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im sure someone has already said this but just in case: Whether you want what they order you or not, they will get a unit and sell it (for probably more than you were to pay). I agree with your hunch about order conversion, now that Ford has probably processed their purchase orders for material supplies (Fasteners, Tires, etc). They made those inventory purchases based on reservation numbers, and they want to guarantee they use the parts up in vehicles as gauranteed sales.

Look, its business and I get it but telling dealers to convert orders without policies or guidelines is shady as sh*t. I feel horrible for those getting plowed under like this.

jinskeep

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 Raptor 2007 GT500 2020 GT500 2021 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe not quite on subject here but FYI. The ordering system has been "locked up" from making any changes per customer requests. Trying to get answers on a fix timing but there is a 2 month window before scheduling starts.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
Save it for their dealership...lol...the individually owned dealers are leeches...
Sponsored