Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2D and no regurts whatsoever. We ran some trails today that I think would have been harder in a 4D (think tree pachinko). 4D Jeeps were 3 pointing yet the nimble little 2D Bronco and 2D Jeeps crawled right through. Tight turn radius and the occasional Trail Turn Assist got the job done. Couple behind me were very impressed.
Sponsored

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When out on the trail, it is kinda nice to fit all 4 doors in back for a fuller open air experience...

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone with a two-door wish they purchased a four-door? And has anyone with a four-door wish the bought the two-door instead?

Just curious.
No, I have exactly what I wanted and other than a couple of things that Ford wouldn't let me order, there is nothing I would change.
sfSvBTX.jpg

Thiskers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero regrets. Would never have wanted a 2-door for a vehicle like this.

This isn't a weekend only car for me, it is my daily driver. And I do lots of activities that require equipment and usually more than one other person.

I also think the 4 door looks better than the 2 door, but that's a personal preference.
Agreed, 4 door looks better for sure to me on "bigger" builds like sasquatch or large wide tires. 2 door looks better on the skinny tires where the wheels aren't outside of the tire wheel.

That's the beauty of the bronco to me, all kinds of different rigs look great whether 2 or 4 door. It's 2022, a "bronco" just ain't 2 door. We are in modern times (and times/things change) and the 6g looks good both ways.

Sponsored

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the wheelbase on the 4 door do you like so much? More room, or more comfortable?

On-road do they feel vastly different?
On-road 4D feels more solid. More planted. Stiffer in a good way. Feels more like a truck. 2D feels like a short wheelbase off-road vehicle.. I’ve had shorter. 92”/93” Jeep’s, Broncos, Scouts. Bronco doesn’t “buck” like they did, IFS makes for a nice ride, but it’s still more “Jeep” like. Part of this may be she has the upgraded steering rack and tie rods w/ the HOSS 3.0. But it’s more likely the better tracking and additional sway bars/suspension component.

Off-road I’d say it’s a tough comparison because they both have circumstances where one or the other might be more ideal. However, both will make the same line. If you’re not used to off-roading in a short wheel base, the angles although “better,” feel less planted and more extreme. There’s less time to make decisions or adjust wheel position.That liiiitttlllle bit extra wheels base gives novice drivers more confidence. IMO

I prefer the door/glass size on the 2 door and despise the location of the B-pillar on the 4 door. Hands down the 4 door just has more room and is more convenient for gear, people, boondocking and travel. It’s more “comfortable“ in that sense. Less confined.

Additional the 2 door is the red-headed step child when developing parts and gear to fit. The 4 door os a bit more versatile to fit out. Friends love Broncos too. Ive had a lot of instances where people wanted to go too and couldn’t/wouldn’t.

I could go on. Neither is better or worse. It’s awesome I get to build both. She and I have different goals and uses for our builds. Hope any of this rambling helps 😂

Last edited:

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:unsure: I presume you meant to refer to the location of the B-pillar.
I don't have a problem with the A-pillar or B-pillar. My complaint is the grab handles are in the wrong locations to aid ingress/egress. But I get that airbags are there, I just wish Ford could have figured out how to accommodate both.

PJS090

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 (Former owner 1969 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

4 door owner. Love everything about it.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have a problem with the A-pillar or B-pillar. My complaint is the grab handles are in the wrong locations to aid ingress/egress. But I get that airbags are there, I just wish Ford could have figured out how to accommodate both.
Yep, apparently the designers at Ford have never heard of archimedes and his famous lever. That or they’ve never swung on a jungle gym . The grab handle is kinda weird/useless with its positioning so low. The Side airbags in such a confined space has to be a design issue for them I guess
Sponsored